Should I be worried? End Cap

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 31, 2021
Not sure if this is no big deal or what. My DDs Mantra end cap seems to be coming loose. This will most likely end up being her back up bat if she turns out to like the Meta X but I dont want it to "crash". She will probably use it a lot in BP. One pic is the side with a gap and the other is the other side. Should this be of concern and if so do we have to wait til it comes all the way off before warranty kicks in. The bat is about 2 months old.

Attachments

• 20210807_230405.jpg
    20210807_230405.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • 20210807_230418.jpg
    20210807_230418.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It is NOT an issue...tons of bats develop a slight endcap separation. Its NOT flying off. DO NOT
rush to send in...you have forever. Why waste now! Nothing is wrong with the bat. Composite flexes
and there is no solid non-rigid glue in a bat. Everything is made to flex...even all epoxy. Endcaps are made to move
because if not, they would just break.
LS used to get a separation within 2 swings...haha. You would even see small pebbles get lodged in
there...haha.

Jul 31, 2021
It is NOT an issue...tons of bats develop a slight endcap separation. Its NOT flying off. DO NOT
rush to send in...you have forever. Why waste now! Nothing is wrong with the bat. Composite flexes
and there is no solid non-rigid glue in a bat. Everything is made to flex...even all epoxy. Endcaps are made to move
because if not, they would just break.
LS used to get a separation within 2 swings...haha. You would even see small pebbles get lodged in
there...haha.
I cant push it back in and not gonna smack it lol. Should I be able to push it back in? This is going to be her backup bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are fine...its better that its not going in and out. Again, an endcap goes into the bat a long
way, not just that little part you see. The bat is completely solid and fine.
LS always had endcap separations all the time. Its not a big deal to have a little bit.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00