Duties of a bucket dad/mom during tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2013
I'm a water, snack and sunscreen pusher. Try to not say much about the game except for a couple encouraging notes like "good hit" "good slide" etc. Unless she wants to talk about something. I try to keep all sideline cheering to things like "good job" "Keep it-up" "You got this". But I sometimes fail and say amazingly helpful little tidbits which I assume she doesn't hear like "trust your defense" - which translated means 'don't put another one in the dirt just throw a strike' ;)

Mar 28, 2013
I'm thinking about not being an asst coach next year so that I can be just a bucket dad.

I made that move for travel ball this past year. Now that I'm not coaching I go down the left-field line.

Best thing a pitcher's parent can do is NOT SIT BEHIND THE BACKSTOP!!!!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
During the game.... "GREAT JOB!!!!" Cheer'em on without the armchair coaching. And NEVER yell, "You didn't want that one anyway." right after she stood there for one right down the middle.

After the game.... "Hey, let's get back to the motel, get our swim suits on, and jump in the pool!" Well, maybe I shouldn't, and if I do, I should were a t-shirt!

Scarecrow

Former Coach
May 7, 2008
Heartland of America
Started using GameChanger this season; seems to keep me more occupied.

As far as my daughter, the only thing is videotaping her at bat when she requests it. The only time she requests it is when she's in a slump and wants to know why.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi