Drive Mechanics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 4, 2013
My daughters PC has spent the last three lessons on these very same mechanics. She won't move on until she gets them right. I agree with her 100%. Build a good foundation or everything else is for naught.
Maybe this should be the First sticky!!!

Great stuff, can't wait for more.

Dec 29, 2010
Bump bumpity bump to first page, please make sticky. This information in this thread along with ir/classroom will enlighten many bucketdads and moms. Trust me newbies you cant go wrong with this info.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
"This is not jiving with the report I have from college softball only data and another report with HS data. I also have a report on boy's baseball injuries."
Hypocrisy at its finest.
"Softball's main injury is ankle sprains.
Think before you speak.
A major cause of issues is sliding, which is considered contact, and that is far more worrisome.
Originally... she listed a number... but deleted it (like many of her posts)... as it wasn't accurate (like many of her posts).
In my HS, we rarely have an ACL tear. Probably one every 8 years. The other injuries are widely spread out.
Fascinating... thanks for sharing...
And please point me to a 60K ligament surgery.
I wasn't referring to surgical costs... and I was being conservative in the lifetime costs of the procedure... should've listed $80,000.
In putting the disparate info together you are making softball look like ACL hell or knee hell.
No, that's an uneducated interpretation. Two of my 'blurbs' (NOT QUOTES) are directly related to softball... the others are related to athletes... already talked about that in previous posts... I know that my contributions are appreciated - because it's evident that I care and THINK before I speak.
It is not, and it is especially not any kind of lower body hell for pitchers during pitching. "
No comment. Her words speak volumes... volumes I'm not interested in reading.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2010
javasource

Your reply to my post leads me to believe that I may just replaced Boardmember as the poster boy for "When Irony Goes Wrong".

I, like nearly everyone else, sincerely appreciate all the effort you have put into sharing you knowledge. I apologize for wasting your time--I did not expect you to reply my post.

Dec 16, 2010
Apology to the board

Post #199 is a response to a post that I deleted.

It was a poor attempt at humor that javasource wasted time responding to--I had hoped he might get a chuckle out of the absurdity of it but in rereading my post, it comes across as serious.

I apologize to all of you diverting javasource from productive activities such as continuing the Drive Mechanics masterpiece.

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
pumpkinbear,

Admittedly, I was initially struggling with the irony of your post until the last couple of lines... where you mentioned me going back and footnoting all the posts... Good stuff, you should've left it! Makes me think I'll do the same to my response... ;)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
It was a poor attempt at humor that javasource wasted time responding to--I had hoped he might get a chuckle out of the absurdity of it but in rereading my post, it comes across as serious.

Welcome to my club! My attempts bomb more often than not!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06