Donaldson discusses his swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Yes, see my post. I think he flattens his bat behind his rear delt (like Tewks suggests in his ebook) and then turns the bat forward horizontal.

Do you agree on my comparison with trout?

It will have to wait until I get home. Work blocks youtube.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I would love it if someone could come up with some GIFs of Donaldsons swing, with balls in various locations in the zone. Kind of like my favorite Gif of Cabreras swing in I think 7 different locations.

Best I can find so far :cool:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cUa3cbMY_CM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So when JD says he doesn't think hands. That sounds kinda like the Epstein stuff revised with a MUCH better loading system that activates the hands at the right time late in the swing for a deep hpp. When my kid went through the Epstein stuff 3 yrs ago she really hit for power .The position JD gets into at foot strike looks like bat on deltoid to feel the stretch part of the rubber band part of the swing and keep a deep hpp. Am I just seeing what I want or is anyone else seeing the same basic Epstein stuff from his last dvd that he no longer sells . I got away from the Epstein mechanics because I have read many times that there is a low ceiling on those mechanics. Last year or so I have been using the ISO stuff for the most part with good results . Although DDs power numbers have suffered.14 hr Epstein , 4 Hr ISO. Avg is pretty close to the same.

Maybe Yeager has made some changes to his instruction, but the front foot opening up as Donaldson explained was something he didn't want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06