Difficult Parents - how to handle?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
And testy nuns mean you get your knuckles knocked with a ruler, so you better be on a mission from God.

BluesBrothers_026PyxurzABL.jpg

Nov 17, 2010
I bet the first youtube video of two nuns arguing and coming to blows over a youth softball dispute WILL break the internet!

we had the same thing happen on our 12u team at the end of the year we just simply sent an email to devil lady explaining why they wouldn't be asked back, explaining that it had nothing to do with her daughter, in saying that parents like that cause tons of drama and are a cancer to the team.

Jul 13, 2015
We actually didn't have the talk on Wednesday. They took off right after practice ended.

We have another chance on Sunday. But rumor has it, the kid is trying out for another team on Saturday, so the situation may resolve itself without intervention.

Jun 18, 2013
We actually didn't have the talk on Wednesday. They took off right after practice ended.

We have another chance on Sunday. But rumor has it, the kid is trying out for another team on Saturday, so the situation may resolve itself without intervention.

If you are practicing Sunday, you need to have the conversation before practice. Do not allow them to go through another practice without addressing the issue. You have rumors flying about them wanting to leave, rumors are most likely flying about you wanting them to leave, there is already tension amongst the parent group and it is only going to get worse. You just need to rip the band-aid off and get it over with before you let one bad parent cause more strain on your whole team.

Nov 15, 2013
While I am on edge just like everyone else here, waiting to see what happens next, I have to ask: Sydney Ellen Wade? I'm assuming you're a big fan of the movie The American President?

Jul 13, 2015
Yep. I love that movie. :)

So this is what happened.......... I had a heart to heart with the mom and we decided to give them one more shot. Next tourney, she kept her mouth shut and I thought she got the message. Yeah, not so much. This weekend was bad..... so she's getting the letter via email tonight, and we will be filling her kid's spot.

Nov 29, 2009
Yep. I love that movie. :)

So this is what happened.......... I had a heart to heart with the mom and we decided to give them one more shot. Next tourney, she kept her mouth shut and I thought she got the message. Yeah, not so much. This weekend was bad..... so she's getting the letter via email tonight, and we will be filling her kid's spot.

I know you hate to punish a player for bad parental behavior. As you've found out you can not change a persons behavior. This type of parent will always be "That Parent" for as long as their child is playing ANY sport. What they fail to realize is the youth sporting world is really a small community. There are many parents whose reputations precede them. The down side is the child is the one who suffers. No matter how nice the kid is.

I'd like to hear the response from the parent. Bet it will have to be heavily censored to make it PG13. heheheheh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish