Deep thought for the day....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
I had a friend who used to be a big time baseball coach to his sons. When that ended he was all but paralyzed on what to do with his unwanted, newfound freedom. After about six weeks he realized that he could go back to his previous passion--Golf! So, that's what he did but the adjustment took some time. I keep his example in mind for when it becomes my turn...

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Just keep a shovel, black trash bags, and a couple bags of lime in the trunk of your car....then accidentally leave the trunk open when the boyfriend comes around. An NRA sticker is also a nice touch.

Love that! DD actually asked me a while back if I was planning to keep a gun handy to "clean" whenever a boy came to the house! I'm doing something right...

Jun 7, 2013
Love that! DD actually asked me a while back if I was planning to keep a gun handy to "clean" whenever a boy came to the house! I'm doing something right...

I ask this question as the father of two teenage girls, how are you going to feel and how is your DD going to feel to no boys want to come to take your DD out?

Jun 12, 2015
375fa05d80f22682370f1bf197de1060.jpg

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
I ask this question as the father of two teenage girls, how are you going to feel and how is your DD going to feel to no boys want to come to take your DD out?

Well, based on some of her recent comments, right now I think she's holding out for Chris Hemsworth, so mortal males may never be an issue.

All the banter aside, here's the truth. She's a great daughter. She's self-motivated and self-confident and has a strong mom who teaches her a lot about being sensible. And while she's a real teenager who gets aggravated with us and is a little too mouthy once in a while, she and I have a deep sense of trust that I treasure beyond words. I try to be protective without sheltering. It's a fine line to walk sometimes, but I believe that ultimately we raise kids to leave home.

I completely hope she'll find a guy as incredible as she is. After all, I want one day to have the magnificent grandchildren I deserve.

Aug 26, 2015
You set the bar pretty high, my friend. Good job! It's awesome to see and hear so many good guys out there loving their DD's and building a bond stronger than softball, but softball no doubt has it's share of the credit for the conduit. All this dating talk is making me want to go wake up my little princess and forbid her to grow beyond 10, though.

un43y.jpg

Dec 20, 2012
Even when the kids are gone they will still need you from time to time. I got a call last night from my dd. She lives with a roommate but was home alone and in the shower(that's how scary movies start). She heard a bang and the dog start barking like crazy. So she jumps out of the shower, goes to her room and grabs her gun. First thing she does is call dad(hell yeah, I am still needed!) even though 911 would have been the more logical call. She then noticed the key holder/note board by the front door in the floor. She is a little worried but not terrified so I have her go room to room and let the dog go in first and make sure everything is ok. After all said and done we concluded the nail holding the key holder just gave out and it fell. But even at 20 yrs old they are still our little girls and still rely on mom and dad to be there when they are scared..... or need money.

What's the saying, "the more things change, the more they stay the same". We may not be on a bucket or tossing pitches from behind a net but there is definitely a trust and sense of assurance we have made with our kids that go way beyond just ball.

As far as boys go, I'm pretty happy with the one she's got. 6'5 corn-fed country boy that played a little college baseball. Good work ethic and treats her right not to mention that's some good breading stock for my grand kids! lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06