Deep thought for the day....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
I am enjoying catching for my daughters again. During the season which runs March-September they are caught by a teammate. Now that we've begun winter training I get to spend this time with them again. It is bliss!

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
There are a lot of female umpires in our area!

Yeah but I want to be able to sit back, drink my diet Dr. Pepper, eat my seeds and enjoy the game. Can't do that from behind the dish. So he needs to umpire and I will be his very supportive wife...;)

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
I think less people would look at a female watching a softball game alone, than a 40 something year old guy showing up by himself to watch a game lol. I enjoy watching softball, weather I know anyone playing or not. Last tournament before DDs games, I watched a couple of good ones.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I told my DH that he needs to become an ASA umpire so I have a great excuse to go to games without looking like a stalker or a crazy softball lady...

My dd is talking about umping HS games and I told her there is no way in hell I could watch that. I would be in a fight the first game when some jackass said something to her. Its better I don't go there.

Jun 12, 2015
In my house I think I'm more likely to lose it than the DH so he'd probably be fine. He's coaching 3rd on our team now and I really like all the parents on the team but it's been a close call with me going off on them a couple of times. He sends them, they say he's too aggressive, he doesn't send them they're yelling, "Why aren't you sending them!" I start to get annoyed on his behalf.

Aug 26, 2015
I think less people would look at a female watching a softball game alone, than a 40 something year old guy showing up by himself to watch a game lol. I enjoy watching softball, weather I know anyone playing or not. Last tournament before DDs games, I watched a couple of good ones.

Meh....just carry a clipboard and a stopwatch. You can pass as a scout or something.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
grrrrr, boyfriend. not looking forward to that.

Don't remember where I heard it but after raising two boys, and now have just DD still at home, I can tell you it's true: If you have a boy, you worry about the boy. If you have a girl, you worry about all the boys. DD's a really solid kid; don't need to worry much about her. Still, I've considered putting an open grave in the front yard and leaving the shovel on the porch (just to let her know I care).

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Don't remember where I heard it but after raising two boys, and now have just DD still at home, I can tell you it's true: If you have a boy, you worry about the boy. If you have a girl, you worry about all the boys. DD's a really solid kid; don't need to worry much about her. Still, I've considered putting an open grave in the front yard and leaving the shovel on the porch (just to let her know I care).

Just keep a shovel, black trash bags, and a couple bags of lime in the trunk of your car....then accidentally leave the trunk open when the boyfriend comes around. An NRA sticker is also a nice touch.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Coaching is a weird thing. Take this year for example. We started Girl's Golf the 2nd week of August. We got finished in October. The first free night we had, some of the team stopped by my classroom telling me that they didn't know what to do. I hate that feeling. So, and with regards to the OP, I am still struggling with the no softball with the kid syndrome. When she took off to college, it was cold turkey and I was not ready. Then, the wife and couldn't wait for the fall games so we could watch and now, no softball at all for her other than her 12U Team. So, we go watch them practice. It is a lot harder than some think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma