DD's Arm Circle....Hopefully it is Better??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
Thanks Boomers. She is having a problem with having the ball too far over her head. She is also leaning forward when releasing. She recognizes that as soon as it happens any ideas for that correction?.

The drill that helped us the most was BM's arm circle drill. It took a little while to understand it but once she started doing it correctly, it was one of those lightbulb moments. A couple of cues I give my DD is too "show me your knuckles on the way up the arm circle" and "pull the ball up out of the glove". We also do the one knee arm circle drills into a net which allows her to only focus on the arm circle. That has helped as well.

Oct 7, 2013

YouTube
Ken B here are the two links to the videos we shot last night. Both of these were after I introduced her to the new drills found i this post and there were a great results. We will continue to work on this through ot our fall season and the winter. Any and all help/ tips I can get will be appreciated.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Erica's_dad,
It might be good to start a new thread for your DD (dearest daughter.) On the main Softball Pitching page, there should be a button labelled "Post New Thread." That will help get you some advice specifically addressing your DD's form.

Thanks,
Ken

Left Hook

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
The drill that helped us the most was BM's arm circle drill. It took a little while to understand it but once she started doing it correctly, it was one of those lightbulb moments. A couple of cues I give my DD is too "show me your knuckles on the way up the arm circle" and "pull the ball up out of the glove". We also do the one knee arm circle drills into a net which allows her to only focus on the arm circle. That has helped as well.

please post this drill.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Here you go guys............See if this helps..........I'll be back later tonight..........

2rh733m.gif
iem80n.gif

Get in the PROPER drill position...........STEP DON'T LEAP/DRAG for this drill.........Just STEP and throw..........ABBREVIATE THE CIRCLE.........I can actually throw harder with this circle..........

Here's one more valuable tip for this drill..........Have her make a circle without throwing the ball........SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE BALL ALL THE WAY AROUND THE CIRCLE by watching the ball...........

If she can't see it.........It's going too far over her head...........

mm8nww.gif

Hope this helps...........

Can this be made into a sticky?