DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Still working hard.... here's a vid from today.

She worked on staying inside the back knee a little more, not over baking the negative move, also standing a little taller, attack mode(shoulders angled down while striding forward) and relaxing a little more, :). BTW, outside pitch, the ball is further back than it appears.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
If someone has time please explain how the front hip is the pivot point vs the rear hip. Just trying to understand the checkpoints.. I don't see her shifting across the pelvis before go time.

Uv6oTdW.gif

I have been looking for another hitter to compare her too. While not a perfect match, I see some comparisons with Cano. When Cano starts torqueing the handle of the bat, notice how quiet his torso and head are. Forward movement has all but stopped. However, the young hitter still continues to move. I see this as an overly aggressive shift. This creates a front hip pivot point. Notice the difference with Cano. Same rear leg "style", but is able to maintain control of his shift. JMHO.

j7fia2W.gif

May 12, 2016
I have been looking for another hitter to compare her too. While not a perfect match, I see some comparisons with Cano. When Cano starts torqueing the handle of the bat, notice how quiet his torso and head are. Forward movement has all but stopped. However, the young hitter still continues to move. I see this as an overly aggressive shift. This creates a front hip pivot point. Notice the difference with Cano. Same rear leg "style", but is able to maintain control of his shift. JMHO.

j7fia2W.gif
One thing I noticed is my DD's back foot/hip seems to precede and end before the hands come through, Cano's foot skips at contact, my DD's back foot lands and then contact. She's out of sync. Love how quiet Cano's head and torso are.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
In post#52 you are:
1) coiling inward only while over your back foot (not good)
2) as you move forward, your hips instantly begin to open (not good)

Do the coiling inward move as you move/stride forward.
20190513-2.PNG
Also, in the pic above you can see your hands just behind the back elbow (slight bat drag). Would need better video with more frames to see if this problem exists later in the swing. Don't let your hands get behind like this.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010

j7fia2W.gif

Fp26, so are you saying she is shifting forward so that the front hip is able to pivot .power the swing ? Almost like she's a front leg hitter ?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
One thing I noticed is my DD's back foot/hip seems to precede and end before the hands come through, Cano's foot skips at contact, my DD's back foot lands and then contact. She's out of sync. Love how quiet Cano's head and torso are.

Your DD isnt too far off. I will not claim that any of this is easy but she has a great base to build upon. Be patient with her.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fp26, so are you saying she is shifting forward so that the front hip is able to pivot .power the swing ? Almost like she's a front leg hitter ?

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I guess in a way "front legged" would be accurate. She continues to shift her upper body after launch which has an impact on her barrel path. Quieting that movement will improve her barrel path, IMO.

May 12, 2016
In post#52 you are:
1) coiling inward only while over your back foot (not good)
2) as you move forward, your hips instantly begin to open (not good)

Do the coiling inward move as you move/stride forward.
View attachment 14165
Also, in the pic above you can see your hands behind the back elbow (bat drag). Don't let your hands get behind like this.
Thanks, her swing is all over the place right now. I understand most of what you are saying, but what's the issue with pre-coil during the negative move as long as she keeps that coil until or just prior to heel plant?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole