DD Likes Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
DD currently has:

Severs Disease
Migraines (Working on it)
Banged up nose (having a little troubling breathing)
Now a broken toe (Since the toe is purple she is off to the doctor)​

We have a few players injured and have asked to sit out for a little bit, DD keeps saying OK I will play. One game she went to this year was with the understanding she would be hidden and sit as much as possible. HC talked to her before the game and was very nice and authoritative about it is not worth it let me know if you want to sit or go home, next thing I know she is pitching because the other pitcher(s) didn’t feel good.

Hint to coaches: Do not ask an 11YO if she feels OK/ wants to pitch (The coach did ask us if it was OK before the inning started but after she was in the circle warming up and we said it was OK) Hint 2: Do not ask a pitcher’s parent if they are OK to pitch.

Another player on the Team went to the doctor for a leg injury, another one went last week, another has been sick for a little bit. There are a few other players limping around, I am not sure what is going on.

They are all coming to the games but I feel like we need to change the name of the Team to the walking wounded or something. Suggestions welcomed for a new Team name.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Sacrifice a live chicken. Use resulting blood to mark each player on the face - one mark on each cheek, one on any current injury.

Repeat as necessary.

Apr 13, 2013
DD situation is unique so I need to take her out of the picture but at this point I am thinking no, they are not warming up properly so you have a good point. They have never warmed up “properly” but they are getting a little older and it might be catching up.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
HBP, sounds like your DD doesn't just like softball, sounds like she LOVES softball with all she puts herself through to play the game. Hope she gets better soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom