DD is happy to be a ball magnet!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
We hadn't expected her to do much if any catching, but one of our middle infielders got a nasty hamstring pull, which started a cascade of position-switches and DD ended up catching a game on Saturday and another on Sunday.

She said her knees felt fine all weekend. Her bumps and bruises are all from other things--a teammate inadvertently hit her in the head with a bat and threw a ball into her shoulder. (Is she sure she didn't do something to tick her off?! :) ) While catching, she took a ball to the inner forearm and another to the side, just past the chest protector, and she got her hands all skinned up from the grit around the plate, but she was happy as a clam to be back there again. She was mad as heck that they got eliminated though!

I'm glad she's getting to play her favorite game again and I'm overjoyed that her knees seem ok!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
We hadn't expected her to do much if any catching, but one of our middle infielders got a nasty hamstring pull, which started a cascade of position-switches and DD ended up catching a game on Saturday and another on Sunday.

She said her knees felt fine all weekend. Her bumps and bruises are all from other things--a teammate inadvertently hit her in the head with a bat and threw a ball into her shoulder. (Is she sure she didn't do something to tick her off?! :) ) While catching, she took a ball to the inner forearm and another to the side, just past the chest protector, and she got her hands all skinned up from the grit around the plate, but she was happy as a clam to be back there again. She was mad as heck that they got eliminated though!

I'm glad she's getting to play her favorite game again and I'm overjoyed that her knees seem ok!

Warning: The view from behind the plate can be addicting.

Good to hear her knees are in good shape.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Congrats! Through a similar series of events last summer on our old TB team, DD had to play catcher. All it took was one game. That Monday she was hounding me to teach her properly and give her my old gear to use;)

Apr 1, 2010
Warning: The view from behind the plate can be addicting.

Good to hear her knees are in good shape.

She's definitely an addict. She must have been about 8 the first time a coach put her back there and at first she was upset because she preferred second, but she got hooked on the action. Now she's 14 and wouldn't play anywhere else on the field if she had a choice--though she'd rather play softball at any position than not play at all. Just eight more years of softball ahead if her body holds up and she plays through college, fewer if she doesn't. Older kids' parents will probably laugh, but I keep thinking it's going by so quickly!

Nov 29, 2009
Older kids' parents will probably laugh, but I keep thinking it's going by so quickly!

It flies by in a heartbeat. My DD has been done for some time and I still miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi