Dad abused by daughter- "I fell down the stairs "

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
That WAS the last ball DW caught for DD. I was out-of-town when this happened...... I could have ringed her neck!

Last time my DW tried to catch my DD they didn't speak to each other for a week.

Upgrading my catchers glove this week. My hand is starting to hurt after each session.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
BTW, I find it hilarious that many coaches (and associations) require the catchers - who catch live pitching regularly - to wear their equipment to warm up pitchers - but the coaches (who don't) go out there to do it with nothing but their gloves.

Mar 28, 2013
With the drop ball I just pick up my feet and don't even try if I cant reach out and glove it in the air.The bad part for me is the slowly separating bones in my glove hand and the thumb that hasn't stopped hurting since the Bush administration. ;) The one that will get me one day is the low rise. the one that starts down and rises up square to the face.at times it feel I barely get there Younger throwing 55 and older 60 plus or minus. I have a umpires mask but It makes me crazy so it sits on a hook in the corner of a cage. My day is coming fortunately I'm ugly already but like my dad used to say "if your going to be stupid you have to be tuff"

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Daughter has been perfecting her drop curves and drop balls. I swear it seems anytime she changes something in her technique I get beat. Literally. My daughter two weeks ago got my right leg on a nasty but great drop ball. Today was a nasty and not a good drop curve. Hit me in the same leg same bruise. Now I can't feel my leg. It hurts. Bad!

Has anyone ever stopped catching for there daughter because of velocity or just becoming a wuss ? Lol.

I quit catching them when her drop hit the ground, bounced up and hit me directly on the knee, then nailed me square in the nose. I refuse to catch that pitch to this day.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
BTW, I find it hilarious that many coaches (and associations) require the catchers - who catch live pitching regularly - to wear their equipment to warm up pitchers - but the coaches (who don't) go out there to do it with nothing but their gloves.

And yet these are the same coaches that think they are so much smarter than the girls that they have to call pitches from the dugout.
It's all beginning to make sense now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32