College pitching accuracy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
Saw some stats that Homeruns were way up this year. Probably the result of the smaller strike zones. As far as the HBP calls go I have seen more girls called out on HBP since the LSU Florida series. Heard there were a lot of complaints and rightfully so on many counts.

Jan 23, 2014
look at the girl on the left hand side looking at her pennant or program or something and look at her face when she sees that pitch fly by like a bird- haha
Thanks for pointing that out! I hadn't noticed it before, and I literally laughed out loud. So funny!

Oct 22, 2009
When my DD was in college she threw a lot of screwballs, she tried to keep everything inside for fear of big hits. Instead of leaning over the plate some teams would back up in the box trying to get her to throw the screwball over the plate where they could get more bat on it, but she continued to throw it in on them inside. In her mind she didn't just own the plate, she owned the batter.

And I agree they if the hitters are leaning over the plate and they get hit, they should not be rewarded a base.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619