Coach Implodes Team for DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I think if you've signed on to be the head coach for the season you continue out your season. What are you teaching your kids and the team members about commitment and keeping your word in life?? That is one of the serious issues in our society right now is that kids are taught that life is all about them and there is no respect for others.

The way I first interpreted the OP, as well as several others on here was that the HC was going to be leaving at the end of the season. The OP seemed upset that the HC was leaving and that the other parents were not only willing, but wanted to play the last two scheduled tournaments with the current HC in place before he left. The HC, like any other parent, has a moral obligation to do what he/she feels is right for their DD. If the HC leaves, then they leave. I don't understand why everyone gets all fired up when a HC decides to leave yet it's fine for any one of those same upset parents to pull their DD for what they perceive as greener grass. If the HC has fulfilled his/her obligation for the year (i.e. coaching all scheduled tournaments and practices through the end of the season) then the parents have no right to be upset. After all, it's a 1 year obligation and it goes year to year. I bet those same parents wouldn't be having the same reaction if the HC's DD was 18, going off to play college and the HC decided not to continue coaching the 23U team that the remaining players wanted to play TB on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck