Cleaning Belts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
What is Kroger? It's identical to Hy-Vee or Jewel only different, lol!

Fels Naptha is old timey Farmers Almanac type stuff.

Just for fun I put it in the Google. It can be used poison ivy treatment, poison ivy prevention, aphids, insects, lawn spots, black spot fungus on roses and is excellent for tanning hides. No mention of softball belts.

A recent reviewer over at soapstgonebuy.com reported the following:

"I have a real bad BO problem. My wife was going to kick me out of the house. No other soap helped. i would get out of the shower smelling as bad as when I went in. Then I got poison oak and used this, I have not stopped and I smell so much better. I do not want to run away from myself anymore. Thanks for this soap and I will order cases of it."

Im sold.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
Honestly though...where do you guys find this kind of stuff? I have never heard of Nels-Naptha or whatever...haha, Is it a regional thing?

It is the only thing that gets white softball pants clean. After the car wash you rub it on the stains (mostly knees for my catcher), put them in the washer with Oxy Clean, turn it on and keep your fingers crossed...

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I only buy the belts with the soft plastic. I put some Dawn in my hand and rub the gel right into the belt. I use a soft toothbrush to brush it into the bad stains. Then rinse it all off and hang to dry...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Have to ask, if they are that dirty how much are new ones and what is your time worth?

I was at Academy Sports the other day and they had plain white tube socks on sale for $6.99 for 10 pairs....my DD wears white socks as part of her HS uniform with stirrups. I bought two packs and told my DW to stop trying to get the stains out.

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Pressure washers at the local u-spray car wash work wonders on both belts and white softball pants. Thankfully both my DDs are on black pants teams now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619