Check in Friday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
Same ole same ole. Games on sat games on sun. Little one has her first games as a guest player on Sunday.

I am going to try my best to be in full support mode and not in game analysis mode. with a little assist from the man upstairs I will be able to continue to turn over a new leaf and just appreciate them playing. I did not do so well in this area last week and have been riding my firstborn pretty hard this week about playing the game instead of viewing it as a series of disconnected mechanical tasks. Wish me luck.

Hopefully you cast all of your softball sins away yesterday and are ready for the coming year...

This weekend DD's 12U team has 7 games of friendlies against mostly 14U teams. Should be a good test before TCS tourney next weekend.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
headed to ut to with dd to watch her play as a guest player. Fingers and toes crossed that we will get some games in - weather guru saying that we may need to build an ark. Also going to see a lady about some slightly used softball equipment that she is selling. Will miss dd's fall ball games saturday evening unless the tourney gets rained out and the fb games don't.

Dd has practice tuesday & thursday and hitting lesson with d1 coach on wednesday.

Then back down to ut for another tourney next weekend - dd will be guest playing with the same team again. Fb games will depend on tourney outcome.

I love this game!!! :d

rats - tourney this weekend was postponed due to weather conditions!!!! :(

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
The Coach from Western Oregon University wants to look at a couple of players, so he set up a DH for us against another team who has a couple of players he is looking at. Win/win for both teams, and get to play on a College Field.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
2 Travel League Games tomorrow evening that are probably only 50% likely to happen due to expected rain.

Jan 23, 2014
DD10 has her first tournament with her new team. They are playing in a league and have started out 6-0, beating 5 different teams. This is especially exciting as they only one 4 games last year in fall and spring:) around here it is usually the weaker teams who play league so it will be interesting how they do against maybe better competition and probably more number 1 pitchers Rather than girls getting reps. The other parents on the team seem to think they will have trouble hitting the ball against better pitchers, and they would know better than I would. This team is C level, my dd played B in the Spring and I think the girls have a good shot. I hope I'm right!

Oct 10, 2011
homecoming

DD has practiced 4 days this week so she gets some time off:)
Homecoming football game tonight, homecoming tomorrow. Sunday team practice/possible scrimmage.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Oldest has a weekend off from tourneys, but we are going to watch some college exposure games in north Houston tomorrow. In between games she is getting a catching lesson form a new (to us) coach. She also plays in the NPF. Should be pretty neat for DD. No soccer games for the younger DD. YES!!!

May 9, 2014
My oldest returned to play (no pitching and minimal throwing) at first base Thursday night (perfect play in the field and only one at bat, but a 3 run HR) and my #2 and #3 pitchers were dominant in her absence from the mound. We play again Saturday against a young team that is not highly skilled so I get to work my #4 and #5 pitchers, will practice Sunday, and my younger daughter plays a Monday night game, followed by another from my oldest Tuesday night against tough competition.

But tonight.. Friday night, maybe a movie on Netflix and some whiskey and cola, just a little, we play early Saturday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kograd