Broken Mike Freak Black :(

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
There are a bunch of Miken Freak Black slowpitch bats on Ebay. Did they just discontinue the fastpitch model?

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
Worth and Rawlings are owned by same company. They are giving Worth Legit 2 as warranty bat and next year worth will not have fastpictch bat either. They will be Ralwings Quatro and some college teams are already using them. All made in same place -Caledonia MN

Oct 2, 2015
I need some schooling here on Miken Freaks...
Are you guys using a fastpitch version of the Freak Black?
Or are you using either the USSSA or ASA slow pitch version?
Thanks

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I need some schooling here on Miken Freaks...
Are you guys using a fastpitch version of the Freak Black?
Or are you using either the USSSA or ASA slow pitch version?
Thanks

Miken used to make a Freak Black fastpitch a year ago...now they are out of fastpitch all together

May 7, 2013
Seymour, In
That one broke/cracked/split almost exactly same spot of the barrel as my DD did. Ours was only 3 months old. Quick replacement from Miken and so far so good. I think we are coming up close to a year now on it.

Here is a image of where ours broke.
IMG_2796.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2014
Oddly, that's the same spot where DD's first MFB cracked, after only a couple weeks use. Miken sent a replacement, with warranty, very quickly. I just put a note in the return box asking for it and pointing out it was only a couple weeks old. Good service, too bad they are out of fastpitch.

Oct 2, 2015
Anyone's DD using a Miken Freak Black 34" ASA or USSSA slowpitch bat in fast pitch?

Last edited:

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
You should ask them for the Rawlings Quatro instead of the 2Legit. From the feedback i got from people who swung a demo last weekend, it's a very good stick!! 2Legit is very fragile. Had a friend who got a new one and it lasted exactly 2 swingsIMG_3287.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse