Broken Mike Freak Black :(

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I doubt they are going to give you a brand new model Rawlings if they have 2Legits still in stock. Especially for a Freak Black which
is like 2 years old and was being discounted the whole last year it was being sold.

But who knows

Dec 19, 2012
89501B6C-EF54-4896-BB1D-DD7C994B879E_zpstkb47buk.jpg

This bat has endured 11 months of travel ball, with a majority of that being in the hands of one of the strongest hitters on our 12U team. Fortunately, the bat is still under warranty. However, Miken's stock on the MFB is totally depleted. The replacement bat will be a Worth 2Legit.

Have you received your replacement bat yet?

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I doubt they are going to give you a brand new model Rawlings if they have 2Legits still in stock. Especially for a Freak Black which
is like 2 years old and was being discounted the whole last year it was being sold.

But who knows

You can always ask....the worst thing that can happen is they say "no"!

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
That I did not ask. I just came right out and asked for the 2017 because the bat lasted less than a month. I also asked that it not count against the warranty, and was told that would not be a problem either, and a non stamped replacement would be sent out. I had checked their stock online, and it said they had what I needed. Could have been wrong. IMO, it's all how you approach the CSR. I have changed bat models and weights with almost every MFG. Did timing have something to do with it? Maybe in some cases, but in other cases, they were willing to work with me it seemed.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
From what I know, they are out of that size. So they had no choice to give you and its not like they have more
2016's coming anytime soon :)

But you are right about CS, too many people call with fire in their guts demanding and demanding thinking this
is the way to get what you want. No...best thing is to be cool. These are people just like you and I, they don't want
to be yelled at or talked down upon. They spend their money on products as well and understand how it sucks
when something you spend money on breaks or whatnot. Don't get me wrong, there are some very strict, by
the book CS reps (usually new people taught to be). But just stay pleasant and ask for someone else or just call back
if you aren't satisfied.

longball00

Softball is my obsession
Apr 8, 2014
Willoughby, Ohio
From what I know, they are out of that size. So they had no choice to give you and its not like they have more
2016's coming anytime soon :)

But you are right about CS, too many people call with fire in their guts demanding and demanding thinking this
is the way to get what you want. No...best thing is to be cool. These are people just like you and I, they don't want
to be yelled at or talked down upon. They spend their money on products as well and understand how it sucks
when something you spend money on breaks or whatnot. Don't get me wrong, there are some very strict, by
the book CS reps (usually new people taught to be). But just stay pleasant and ask for someone else or just call back
if you aren't satisfied.

You are absolutely right Core. That's how I've always handled a return. I see the nightmare stories with every MFG, and have yet to have an issue with any of them. Have been very happy with LS.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You are absolutely right Core. That's how I've always handled a return. I see the nightmare stories with every MFG, and have yet to have an issue with any of them. Have been very happy with LS.

People need to sometimes realize...when someone gets nasty with you...how do you react?

Usually I get a little uncooperative back and now you wont get anything outside of what I
am by rules, supposed to offer as a solution. As opposed to when somebody is cool with you, you are more
willing to help and stretch the "rulebooks" for them