Bow Squat or IR the rear hip only???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
So 7 parts different. Please elaborate the difference on each. Ya know, to help the kids.

I will help you get started: 1 is a top 25 hitter of all time, having hit for almost 30 years. The other is a 9 year old girl having hit for about a year.

So only 6 differences for the expert to give.

Firstly, I misunderstood FFS's post. Secondly, you should change your name to RedHotUnderTheCollar. Thirdly, take a deep breath.....let it out.....do you feel better? Fourthly, I never claimed to be an expert. Fifthly, maybe the better action to take would be to get TM to explain to you in detail why exactly it is a match.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Before you complain, ask yourself how you are helping it be what you want it to be.

As a coach you likely tell your players to take ownership for their actions and direction ....... same spiel extends to the coaches.

Lenski said:
The swings are much different FFS. The head, shoulders, torso, hands, COM, front leg, back leg, etc......

I said :
So 7 parts different. Please elaborate the difference on each. Ya know, to help the kids

and for some reason (we all now know why) that got you and Chapster defensive.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Firstly, I misunderstood FFS's post. Secondly, you should change your name to RedHotUnderTheCollar. Thirdly, take a deep breath.....let it out.....do you feel better? Fourthly, I never claimed to be an expert. Fifthly, maybe the better action to take would be to get TM to explain to you in detail why exactly it is a match.

Hot under the collar? You said the swings are much different, I just asked for an explanation.

I don't talk to ™, and didn't ask him…..he isn't even allowed on discussfastpitch.

Last edited:

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
I have nothing to be defensive about. Chipper clearly advocated the complete opposite of what this young lady is being told to do. Are you disputing it? Or would you like to help Tom on his apologist tour??? :D Cause that's my takeaway from your little rant...

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
And let's be crystal clear. What Tom advocates, is what that young lady does. Posting clips of Chipper advocating something 180 degrees the opposite and saying "SEE?", does not negate that. So saying Tom came here to talk baseball is a sham. He created a mess and now he's trying to clean it up. Believe it or not, there is always a mastermind and a mouthpiece.... LOL Some of the masterminds were very good. Clif, Tewks, etc. Tom's just not cutting it anymore. His IR/IR/IR is taking heavy fire.

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I have nothing to be defensive about. Chipper clearly advocated the complete opposite of what this young lady is being told to do. Are you disputing it? Or would you like to help Tom on his apologist tour??? :D Cause that's my takeaway from your little rant...
Alright……I am lost, "Chipper", Chipper Jones? I don't see a reference to Chipper in this thread…….I did see the Chipper video a month or so ago that noontime posted on bbd. The one that he said something about "drive a steak through the back leg" and then saw the post that you were excited that he said something about hand and front foot separation.
I have no problem with either. Working with several hitters, I have found that some things would well with one kid that don't work well with another…..that is why I have a problem with people that are acting like a good swing is all off.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
ahhh. Sorry I just clicked on Tom's link. Yeah that is the Chipper vid.

So if you are avocating what Chipper says in the vid about hand to front foot separation in loading Chap and the girl is not doing what Chipper says…..WHY is the gif of the girl you posted long after her load?

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
So if you are avocating what Chipper says in the vid about hand to front foot separation in loading Chap and the girl is not doing what Chipper says…..WHY is the gif of the girl you posted long after her load?
My point was the shoulder tilt and swing up. I can pick out quite a bit more, but she's a little kid. Chipper talks about going down to the ball and hitting it through the wall.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi