Bill Hillhouse pitching demonstration

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
With me "you get what you get"..........I have a VERY sarcastic and dry sense of humor.........And I don't sugar coat anything.....My business would fail if I did...........And so would my pitching students AND my travel teams.......

And I don't consider myself a "know-it-all"..........I consider myself a "know-a-lot".........

There is a HUGE difference between the two..........

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I've got the same sarcasm and dry sense of humor, thus I enjoy the way you tear into it. I do wish, however, that I had your "know-a-lot" in pitching!!! Keep the sharing of that knowledge coming!

Jun 13, 2009
You just can't be wrong can you BM? After throwing out your apology to Bill, you follow it up with him "not being able to laugh at himself". For all of your great info, it's things like this that make you look like a pompous jerk. So now it's Bill's fault for other's posting about your stuff and he can't laugh at himself. I haven't see Bill in awhile but, I could just see him saying that you're right.. he probably did take it wrong and forgetting it. But now you throw this out there and in my opinion it makes you look bad BM. Bad. Maybe I'm in the wrong and I'm sure you'll find a way to cut me down too. Go ahead.

I can tell you he's the most self deprecating person I've ever met, which means he laughs at himself constantly. YOU on the other hand just can't come to grips with maybe you were in the wrong. You say what you want then hide behind the old "it's a joke thing". I don't know you at all. I can tell you definitely are sarcastic so is Bill. But your "apology" just went out the window when you said he can't laugh at himself over this. After I posted my last post, I was FLOODED with private messages for calling you out. And the sentiment was the same from everyone: Great info, great poster, but he is so arrogant and simply can't be "Wrong" about anything. Even from the people who you think worship you. Can you ever get off your high horse?

CG

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Bill asked me to catch him as he demonstrated a few rise balls to my dd. He looked like he was giving it about 1/2 effort... no real leap and a somewhat slow arm circle, but that ball was every bit of 55-60 mph and to see it jump upward nearly knocked my hat off my head. I'm a firm believer that at least his riseball most certainly does lift! Point is about how smooth and effortless he looked made the actual speed extremely deceptive! If you get the opportunity to get a lesson, don't hesitate.

People will perceive what they wish to perceive ...... but video doesn't lie.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
s67t02.gif

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This thread has somehow degenerated into "do riseballs really rise"...

Move on...this is not the thread you were looking for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish