Belly Button thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
TDS:

So, when you coil with a BB/A$$ cue - you are contracting your front QL and stretching your rear one.

I think in a nut shell when Ray applied bb/a$$ he wasn't feeling the QL correctly... He has since done a nice job of identifying the involved muscles of the spine engine.

Also, for me the C7 stabilizes if one has balanced up-front bb/a$$ actions.

May 3, 2014
Yes and the non sense of how no ML hitter talks about turning the barrel that you peddle.

The Hanson Principle filters out nonsense. Take for example someone attempting to peddle information to perform something that doesn't actually happen in the swings of the best performing hitters ..... it which case it is an excellent filter.

May 3, 2014
I never said otherwise, did I? But, when you have an agenda you make up stuff (like the Handsome Principle) to make yourself look smart.

I am getting Pm;s about you as well - works with no one - manages a coffee shop.

Then you agree the cue is to do something that doesn't actually happen.

It is a 'feel' cue ....... and that IMO is important to state when working with female hitters.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Yes and the non sense of how no ML hitter talks about turning the barrel that you peddle.

Bahahaha Ya they never talk about hands....they are busy talking about their belly buttons!
mannybp_zps827d13af.gif

Keep trying to repackage, you get a couple dingdongs that have never swung a bat each time.

May 3, 2014
Sure they talk about the hands but you knuckleheads translate it to turning the barrel. Name a hitter that talks about turning the barrel. They all talk about getting their hands to the ball.

Bahahaha Ya they never talk about hands....they are busy talking about their belly buttons!
mannybp_zps827d13af.gif

Keep trying to repackage, you get a couple dingdongs that have never swung a bat each time.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
They are busy talking about keeping their front hip lower....well not actually keeping it lower, but thinking about it. Or turning their belly button, well not actually turning their belly button, but resisting turning their belly button...resisting the belly button and turning the hips, cause the what turns the hips while the core muscles are resisting? All of which can be proven, well actually no, proving in video is a crutch.

May 3, 2014
And so while it is OK for some posters to talk about the belly button (noontime) its not ok for others (TDS) for some reason.

Can fiveframeswing post a swing where the hitter does #3 in the noontime demo?

Can redhotcoach or fiveframeswing post a clip of a ML hitter or a D1 softball player talking about turning the barrel?

If so, then I will stand corrected.

We are speaking of cues - but it seems that some cues are accepted and some are not based on their belief system.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
And so while it is OK for some posters to talk about the belly button (noontime) its not ok for others (TDS) for some reason.
TDS can say whatever he wants, he just choses one line jibberish like "up front action" or "2 legs supporting".

Noon….here is our exchange on the belly button ;)
me:
So you have a rag wring between the rear leg and hip AND another between the bb and butt? Or am I way off?
Noontime:
like swingbuilders response and will add the following:

Imagine the rag continuing up the spine, past the wringing between rear hip and leg. If left free above the rearward turning hips, then the rag above the hips just loosely turns with the hips.

So grab it and allow the rearward turning hip to create a 2nd wring with the same action that it is already doing.

The variable in this "top wring" is where the figurative hand grabs the top of the rag. Yes you can grab it at the shoulders and wring between shoulders and hips. What I suggest is to try to grab the top of the rag lower. Down by the belly button. Now you can grab and just stabilize the rag at the BB while the hips wring under, or you can actively try to wring the BB forward. It's the same action to varrying degrees. One persons "hold in place" is another persons "turn forward against the rearward wringing hips. Play with it. Figure out the degree of forward wringing vs holding in place wringing that works for you. Try to get a hold of that rag down by the BB instead of up by the shoulders. Actually try it both ways and see if you get differences in the way the torso responds the the "top wring"

Go slow (the mud disclaimer) and try it just standing there. You'll know you are doing it correctly when the front shoulder is lowered because of the wring between hips and BB
the pre mentioned swingbuilder response:
Close

Just keep the BB stable. Try to keep it from moving back or moving forward. Just keep it in place.

Coil your rear hip forward BUT keep the belly button from going back and around to face the catcher. Keep the BB from moving towards the catcher when you coil.

Now

Keep the BB from facing the pitcher as your rear leg gets driven.

Simple simple and a great teaching application to get the hitter to coil properly and unload the lower properly.

It's just like THE MOVE in the back foot. It makes the loading in the unload better, stronger, tighter, explosive.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors