Ask Santa for thiis?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Eric

It just doesn't work OK! Go buy you one and let me know if YOU think it works!

Easy, man. I was just asking for your opinion, not trying to challenge your findings. I'm the type that likes to know "why". If you're not, that's fine. No big deal.

Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
No big deal here Eric! I just cant give you an explanation. I took the thing, took some swings on several different planes. It just wasn't accurate. Id golf and it would show like I was hitting a low strike. Id tommyhawk and it would something different! It just didn't work for me!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
No big deal here Eric! I just cant give you an explanation. I took the thing, took some swings on several different planes. It just wasn't accurate. Id golf and it would show like I was hitting a low strike. Id tommyhawk and it would something different! It just didn't work for me!

Cool. It's too bad, really. A device like this could be a very powerful tool.

Feb 15, 2013
It does require a calibration process. It also requires contact with a pitched ball. During the calibration you have to specify several critical parameters to include the bat length, bat weight, where you setup in the batters box and where you start the bat in your stance. I went through the calibration, customized the setup for each girl, am using it per the manufacturer's instructions with both front toss and machine pitched balls, and am finding it to be a very useful tool. Would be happy to help you if you have more questions.

In my case I have no doubt that it is accurately indicating contact location and swing path. I watch the kid, look at the sensor path, and they are consistent.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
It seems to me like a sensor on the other end of the bat would give better readings. Of course it would have to be able to survive impact.

Oct 19, 2009
It seems to me like a sensor on the other end of the bat would give better readings. Of course it would have to be able to survive impact.

I was thinking the same, seems like it would give more accurate readings on the barrel end. Maybe it can’t survive impact with the ball, but give reading with dry swings. Just thinking out loud. :cool:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
It does require a calibration process. It also requires contact with a pitched ball. During the calibration you have to specify several critical parameters to include the bat length, bat weight, where you setup in the batters box and where you start the bat in your stance. I went through the calibration, customized the setup for each girl, am using it per the manufacturer's instructions with both front toss and machine pitched balls, and am finding it to be a very useful tool. Would be happy to help you if you have more questions.

In my case I have no doubt that it is accurately indicating contact location and swing path. I watch the kid, look at the sensor path, and they are consistent.

I continue to be amazed that Indiana can manage two seperate usernames, write coherently and/or go over the top techno on demand to suit the occasion. Sadly, my dog only knows how to sit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors