Ask Santa for thiis?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Interesting. ..

http://m.news.easton.com/info/releases/easton-sports-and-blast-motion-announce-collaboration-for-the-easton-power-sensor

Oct 10, 2011
One review is not enough. After you review it, ship it to me for a second review.
When I used to build home theater speakers, there was a group of us that would ship gadgets around to each other to test them out. One time, the member wanted 5 bucks for each time it was used (plus shipping). It was actually pretty cool.
Anyway, I'll be third;)

Feb 15, 2013
Mine arrived 2 days ago and I used it for a private lesson on Friday night and then a team practice this afternoon. I have to say, it is more useful than I anticipated. I coach a first year 16A team. Some of the girls have Div I swings, some do not. The Zepp really brings it out - I'll create some powerpoint slides of the swings and post them to show you. The main benefit I see is in assessing how well they turn the barrel vs scoop with the hands. I knew I had a few of them that had a scoopy swing problem and we've been using video to look at it - the Zepp sensor does a much better job! With the video I have a single angle and even when I slow it to frame by frame, it is not always able to see the scoop. With the Zepp - you can see the hand path from any angle you choose, and you can always daignose the scoop vs turn.

I am showing them their swing path on the iPad and then talking about a Nike swoosh that is on the swing plane verses a nike swoosh that swooshes downward. Also - it is very clear that girls with a hips open / separation / stretch-fire swing achieve bat speeds in the high 50s and low 60s (high of 64) while kids without that sequence are stuck in the high 40s to low 50s.

Highly recommended. Screen shots to follow....

Steve

Feb 15, 2013
3 different hitters with Zepp analyses

Let me know what else you guys see that I can use to help these hitters!

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 168

Latest posts

Members online