Anyone familiar with Denny Tincher and his 'fluid dynamics' pitching style?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 9, 2012
One last thing: Say goodbye to wrist snaps, K-drills, T-drills, power lines, glove slapping... The *NEW SCHOOL* is in session. Denny will soon be speaking at every major fastpitch event in the country.

Feb 19, 2009
I know that thousands are familiar with Tincher Fluid Dynamics already. If you're not, you will be soon...just like several of the top up and coming pitchers in the U.S. as well as college coaches. His personal story with his daughter, Angela, his research, his creativity, his vast knowledge of biomechanics (why all the male tendencies taught for the last 30+ years are completely counterproductive) -- all just tremendous stuff. Spend a few hours with Denny and you will have more "Ahhhh Ha!" moments than you've had in a long, long time. He and Angela also just launched a new training program designed specifically for pitchers. IMO, Tincher will change the sport.

Your new here so I'll clue you in something about this forum, raw unsubstaintiated hype isn't going to convince anyone here of anything and the most knowledgeable regulars here are male fp coaches who will challenge your assertion that "male tendencies taught for the last 30+ years are completely counterproductive".

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been to a male FP coach and Denny and learned a lot from both but nothing radically different from either one.

Oct 9, 2012
After working with him for two years, the thing I love about Denny is that he never says that another coach is wrong or that other coaches opinions are unsubstantiated. He's just asked so many questions and rethought everything in such an interesting way that everybody who meets the guy comes away with a new outlook on pitching -- most importantly my own daughter. I think he's up to over 40 pitchers signed with colleges THIS YEAR alone. And he's told me several stories about all the injured pitchers who come to him for answers -- some who were told they'd never pitch again and are now pitching in college. Last summer we went to two college camps and he had completely sold out both. I'd respectfully say that's pretty substantiated and the hype is already out there.

Oct 9, 2012
Denny Tincher has had great success in rehabilitating pitchers who come to him with prior injuries. In fact, Denny has a large following of pitchers who once thought they had plateaued or would never pitch again due to a previous injury causing stress on the body. Denny teaches safe fundamentals focusing on the biomechanics of the female body. I have heard Fluid Dynamics pitchers say, "I didn't know it could feel this easy...and natural". Due to such high demand, Denny needs more instructors to join the Instructor-in Training program. Denny and the 25 current instructors-in-training are helping kids all over the US feel more fluid and unlock their potential.

Apr 25, 2010
Let's just say that it looks a little suspicious when a brand new poster starts spewing about how wonderful someone or some product is, before the regulars get to know you at all.

Oct 9, 2012
Let's just say that it looks a little suspicious when a brand new poster starts spewing about how wonderful someone or some product is, before the regulars get to know you at all.

Thanks so much for allowing us to humbly speak in this public forum with all you regulars. It's a great tool to discuss new thinking and to allow so many people to share their stories.

Jan 25, 2011
One last thing: Say goodbye to wrist snaps, K-drills, T-drills, power lines, glove slapping... The *NEW SCHOOL* is in session. Denny will soon be speaking at every major fastpitch event in the country.
well thats nothing new, Bill Hillhouse doesn't care for most drills either, I'm not knocking on Denny don't get me wrong. I would be open to hear what he has to say and do. When I watched video of Angela I dont see anything different then what Hillhouse has been teaching for years and has been trying to get people to understand.

Jul 26, 2010
This, like any other online forum, gets a lot of spam from people trying to hock their wares. Perhaps a better way to introduce yourselves (or self) to the forum would be to start a discussion about particular techniques or doing some compare and contrast on pitcher styles and such.

No one likes to be marketed to.

-W

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks so much for allowing us to humbly speak in this public forum with all you regulars. It's a great tool to discuss new thinking and to allow so many people to share their stories.
I dont see any thing new here, I'm sorry to say that but, what I do see is the same way guys like Hillhouse have been teaching , IMO, the training programs for pitchers I like.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
I have looked at Denny and what he teaches years ago and liked what I saw. It was inline with what I saw as the correct way to pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.