Another College Program With Troubles.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
If this is founded then both coaches should be terminated and face a suspension from coaching at any level.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Wow, sounds like MSU is about to be added to the list of schools with a coaching change this summer.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Come to think of it, I once heard a girl describe a recruiting trip to MSU. One time, a few years back, DD 1 was playing a 14u team from the UP (upper pennensula of Michigan. ). The team had its share of large Scandanavian behomoths who towered over their competition. The older sister of one of the girls, on their 16u team, sat by me to watch. She had just returned from a recruiting trip to Lansing, and went into great detail about the special dorms the softball players had, etc.

It appears the facilities at MSU alone are good enough to attract at least some players, even if just the players who consider winter in Lansing to be mild.

Jan 24, 2014
Michigan
I've met this girl a few times and her reputation around the area is very good. She seemed like a very nice, pleasant, outgoing kid and it's a shame coaches think they need to punish honesty. My DD is a HUGE UM fan and HATES MSU but after speaking with McBride she really liked her. I'll admit it's probably not something that should have been said to the media during the course of their season but taking out retribution on a kid is uncalled for period. Good luck to her as this moves forward.

Jun 18, 2013
As I said in the other thread that popped up about this, this is a case of assault and abuse from a person in a position of authority on a subordinate and should be treated as a criminal act it found to be true and premeditated. No excuse for intentionally harming a player that is in your care under any circumstances.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG