Advice/Opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
I lost roughly $600.00

Listen, you are going to end up spending MORE money trying to get that money back - and likely not succeeding (especially if you signed something where there is sure to be fine print)- She likely misrepresented, you paid, you left the team, and the team is still playing, albeit badly (if I had a dollar for every time this happened to a parent- I could pay you back your $600.)

I am not trying to be insensitive or suggest that you don't deserve your money back- there is just no way I can see that this will turn out well- you can try to get your money back or at least a portion of it, but it is likely to cost you time, $$ and aggravation. This was a very expensive mistake that is not uncommon when you foray into travel- it is a hard lesson. but you won't make the same mistake again- now you know the questions to ask and the flags to look for- and as your DD progresses to older teams- this will have been an important and valuable experience to have had- I am sorry it happened to you! (I lost $1500 when I did not read the fine print in a similar experience:mad:)

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
FT...:
How does one use one pitcher for pool play? That could be up to four games in one day? Or have enough pitchers to "save" two for brackets. Brackets can be one game if you lose a single elimination day or it could be a lot of games if you go all the way from the losers bracket on double elim. You could also have a pitcher on one day and not the next, so you never go to your "pool" pitcher on bracket game (I guess you can't; her arm has already fallen off.) So that approach is ridiculous.

I stand by what I wrote because your post implied greatly that you agreed with the coach by feeling entitled to a competitive team and the coach getting better players.

And yes you are dwelling on it when it takes that many words plus negative comments about other players to get your point across.

No need to give the OP a hard time. You know that this is common practice across the country.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06