Advice/Opinions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
I think the situation was clear at tryouts that there were not enough girls. And I don't think another parent has the right to label a kid as "not being select material." For a first year TB team lacking enough players, there should probably not be bracket and pool labels either. When you sign up, you know it is transitional in skill. There is no guarantee of a competitive team. However, you do expect the players to be developed to the best they can be, and some plan for developing specialty positions like catcher and pitcher or helping kids at the levels they are at. You should also expect not to be cussed at.

It depends how much of a fight you want to put up but if you did not get stuff, then you at a minimum, you don't have to pay for the stuff. The rest they get to keep. If you are on the the next thing I would stop delving in the weeds of who did this or that on the last team. It just keeps the drama fresh and carries it on to the next experience. Don't spoil it.

I didn't label any kid as "not being select material", this was done my the Manager, her husband, who is a coach and other assts. It was not a 1st year team actually. She had 2 bracket pitchers and 1 pool pitcher. Maybe its done differently everywhere. All the teams here save their "bracket" pitchers and catchers or just that. She has had teams before, however if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't be in this situation. Only 2 girls returned and she asked for my daughter, I had no idea that everyone left because of discord until it was too late. I'm not dwelling in the drama, I have a request in for my money and am waiting to hear. I only came on hear to basically see if anyone knew if it was possible to even get it back, or at least some of it. Otherwise, we have moved on, playing with a great team, great group of girls, happy parents and just having a good time!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
If you have a friend who is an attorney who wouldn't mind putting your request on their letter head for you you might be more successful. That worked wonders for me when I had a company not honoring a warranty on a TV one time. One letter I had an apology call and place to get the service done in 3 days.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
FT...:
How does one use one pitcher for pool play? That could be up to four games in one day? Or have enough pitchers to "save" two for brackets. Brackets can be one game if you lose a single elimination day or it could be a lot of games if you go all the way from the losers bracket on double elim. You could also have a pitcher on one day and not the next, so you never go to your "pool" pitcher on bracket game (I guess you can't; her arm has already fallen off.) So that approach is ridiculous.

I stand by what I wrote because your post implied greatly that you agreed with the coach by feeling entitled to a competitive team and the coach getting better players.

And yes you are dwelling on it when it takes that many words plus negative comments about other players to get your point across.

Why does every argument on this board have to involve you? Geez

Last edited:

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
I say welcome to the grand world of travel ball where every team is a Gold Elite team and coaches have rose colored glasses.

Also not all new teams are bad....what makes it bad starts at the top of how much the coaching staff gets away with on being dumb leaders.

Oct 16, 2014
FT...:
How does one use one pitcher for pool play? That could be up to four games in one day? Or have enough pitchers to "save" two for brackets. Brackets can be one game if you lose a single elimination day or it could be a lot of games if you go all the way from the losers bracket on double elim. You could also have a pitcher on one day and not the next, so you never go to your "pool" pitcher on bracket game (I guess you can't; her arm has already fallen off.) So that approach is ridiculous.

I stand by what I wrote because your post implied greatly that you agreed with the coach by feeling entitled to a competitive team and the coach getting better players.

And yes you are dwelling on it when it takes that many words plus negative comments about other players to get your point across.

I'm not going to get into an absurd argument with you. Your questions regarding pool vs bracket pitchers etc is your experience and what you know from playing in your area. What I will tell you is this..every select team her regardless of class or 12U, 14U etc looks for both bracket and pool game pitchers. The bracket pitcher would step into a pool game when need be. We have 3 bracket pitchers on our team right now. We also have bracket catchers on teams.
Now I'm not a select coach and never claimed to be however, here where we are from, that is how its done and their is nothing that you or myself will change, nor do I care to.
I refuse to apologize for wanting my daughter to be on a competitive teeam. I am not paying all that money to practice 3 hours per week, 1 tournament per month in which they lose every game because of lack of good coaching. I want her to play with girls playing at her level and there is nothing wrong with that.
I wonder what you would do if you were paying all of that money for your daughter?? And if you knew you had to move her in order for her to progress, instead of basically being set back and entire season playing catch up.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I'm not going to do my daughter an injustice especially a costly one. This is not league ball!
Take my comments as you wish, I want my money back period.

Jun 19, 2013
This tone and style sure sounds familiar to me. Have you been part of DFP previously under different names perhaps? . . .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06