Adderall and sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
This girl has been running 2 miles, doing a dozen stadiums, weightlifting, cardio 5 days a week for about 6 weeks getting ready for softball season. If I did all that I'd be in super shape. It's really weird and got me stumped.

If she's doing all this and eating like a bird she in chronically under eating and could be doing real harm to her metabolism.

We have this screwed up notion that to lose weight one must starve themselves. It's not needed. Your daughter with that active a lifestyle should be eating 1500+ calories a day, especially being a teenager. I've lost 88 pounds eating more than that and am nowhere near that active.

Have her record what she eats for a week and evaluate from there. (There's apps to make it easier)

Your daughter doesn't look overweight in the photos you've posted but I understand an extra 25lb is uncomfortable.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
If she's doing all this and eating like a bird she in chronically under eating and could be doing real harm to her metabolism.

We have this screwed up notion that to lose weight one must starve themselves. It's not needed. Your daughter with that active a lifestyle should be eating 1500+ calories a day, especially being a teenager. I've lost 88 pounds eating more than that and am nowhere near that active.

Have her record what she eats for a week and evaluate from there. (There's apps to make it easier)

Your daughter doesn't look overweight in the photos you've posted but I understand an extra 25lb is uncomfortable.

Thanks Lozza, I found an app called "my fitness pal".

I mean she's not overweight to the point that we will have to drive her to the mound on a flat bed truck, but you know how weight can be an issue for women and then teenage years on top of that.

I'm going to call her OBGYN tomorrow and discuss some things with her.

Mar 13, 2010
Thanks Lozza, I found an app called "my fitness pal".

I mean she's not overweight to the point that we will have to drive her to the mound on a flat bed truck, but you know how weight can be an issue for women and then teenage years on top of that.

I'm going to call her OBGYN tomorrow and discuss some things with her.

That's the one I use. Great app.

Part of the problem as well is that around 17/18 women naturally start to put on weight especially around their middle. This is nature preparing for childbirth. Teenagers body only belong on teenagers. And it's hard for a lot of women to realize that as they age.

Would you mind mentioning her height and weight?

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Yea she's 5'5 and the weight I'm not sure, heck I'm too scared to even ask that, she might tell me to go jump in the lake!! A year ago she was 140-145, I'd guess probably 170-175.

Mar 13, 2010
Just converted it and if your daughter does weigh that it is a great example of how weight lifting changes your body because those stats are bordering on obese and your daughter is most definitely not obese or even what I call overweight!

Try her tracking her food, talk to her OBGYN and see his it goes.

Mar 25, 2011
A football player has just resurfaced from oblivion. He was at the superbowl, and he did an interview on a local program. He is hosting a houston show on Sundays I think. He got hooked on this stuff on his way out of the NFL. The drug it releases begins to overload the bodies own natural product...and the body begins to quit producing it. The result is you have to take more and more, just to feel normal. I'm sorry i cant remember his name. if i do i will definitely link you to it. From the way he described his experience, I'd probably tell my own daughter to start smoking cigarettes for weight control rather than take that drug. It sounded VERY scary.

The Drive Hour 3 1/30/13 for a live interview with him where he describes his life and the failure of his marriage and such things...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01