1st prototype of "the Swing Thing"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
The Tee you saw at the store is of the same idea. However, the ball sits on top and you hit and need to put another ball on the Tee.

With the "Perfect Circle" version the ball stays there. This way you hit the same ball over and over again. You can do this in the house without wrecking anything.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
The Tee you saw at the store is of the same idea. However, the ball sits on top and you hit and need to put another ball on the Tee.

With the "Perfect Circle" version the ball stays there. This way you hit the same ball over and over again. You can do this in the house without wrecking anything.

And in the unlikely event that the ball does come off while practicing inside, PC will personally make the repairs before the DW gets home and roasts you and your DD.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

Hey BanditsCoach got a insight last night... DD's Coach is into this too. He wants to weld (He is a welder)something though (team tested tuff ) Stationary and left at the cage.... He suggested getting old hit sticks and use them... cut them off..(recycle) them so to speak... he is just wanting something fast...

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
Hey BanditsCoach got a insight last night... DD's Coach is into this too. He wants to weld (He is a welder)something though (team tested tuff ) Stationary and left at the cage.... He suggested getting old hit sticks and use them... cut them off..(recycle) them so to speak... he is just wanting something fast...

Something more permanent would be cool too. I'm not a big fan of those hit sticks. I have seen one where the shaft of it broke.

The UHMW from grainger will not break.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI

Something more permanent would be cool too. I'm not a big fan of those hit sticks. I have seen one where the shaft of it broke.

The UHMW from grainger will not break.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Final working version model "light". I think I added the UMHW that you are talking about BanditsCoach. I had a piece, or something close that was on the lifting bar. Cut to size & Slide it over the 3/4 PVC. Also found out that just plain old PVC adhesive works great on the Jugs. The super glue was melting it.

Now setting on the chair can be my real focus... Got 250 swings in a breeze lastnight....Took the tarp down.

perfect-circle-albums-hitting-picture3930-mg-0210.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207