1st prototype of "the Swing Thing"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Like it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Had it on back burner, with all the practices, and friendlies. Then one of my neighbors set a weight lifting set out to the curb for the trash man... Took it as a sign to put it together.

[video=youtube_share;Ts6AKNecxBY]http://youtu.be/Ts6AKNecxBY[/video]

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2013
????, I am not sure what this is. There is a lot going on in this video. Mini-chair, swing, 3 home plates, blue backdrop for filming, etc. My thought is that I think this was filmed about 6 months ago because there is no snow on the ground.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
????, I am not sure what this is. There is a lot going on in this video. Mini-chair, swing, 3 home plates, blue backdrop for filming, etc. My thought is that I think this was filmed about 6 months ago because there is no snow on the ground.

Wrong... less than an hour ago in ohio. Back drop is what I used to hit the balls into they roll back to me. You missed the swings behind the tarp... when she hits them, they pop up, and come over to the front... we call that a home run. Chair is what a guy who is not going to go pick up the balls, or set on a "too high bucket" sets on to catch his DD pitching. Didn't want to train her to go pick them up for me either... I never, ever used more than one ball at a time.... :{))

Your not supposed to know what it is... its a prototype of my concept of a tee. I'm pretty sure no one has ever seen anything like this. Thanks to affirming that at least. You can vote... Thank You !

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
GD... I swear 3/4 of an inch in last two weeks..... It works great in house... thats a jugs softie....can't prove it with this clip though... she was having too much fun took eye off the and.... Go busted it... talk about self correction... if you don't hit it strieght, it wolbbles around, and it you hit below the ball ...busted...gotta hurry up and put things away, DDM on the way home.

[video=youtube_share;f0GdPYZUXMI]http://youtu.be/f0GdPYZUXMI[/video]

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
What is wagon wheel attached to in the background?

Like the 'tee'. It is like a cheap version of the 'Swingaway'

Jan 25, 2011
I have to agree with going deep, PC your dd has really gotten tall. Also, I think your idea, looks pretty cool. Do all of us get a discount, when you take it to market.

Ps. The look on your dd's face was priceless, when she broke it, did you fix the drywall?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
What is wagon wheel attached to in the background?

Like the 'tee'. It is like a cheap version of the 'Swingaway'

I had to look myself.... Its the neighbors swing. He's a welder, and made it. He cutting down a tree, and going to make a chair out of the stump and said he going to set and watch us practice. His uncle is the only one from theses parts that made it to MLB. He has asked me several times if he can bring one of his buddies over to watch... He said the guy don't believe him.

I should have stretched out my zip line... its hanging on the left.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff