15yo DD - Starting down the road...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
One thing I always look for is the angle of the bat at set-up. The knob of the bat never get pointed to the catcher during either the setup or the load. Right from the start she is losing power because she is in an inferior position. Even if you fix everything else she will not generate as much power as should is capable of from that setup. Just my .02.

That could help her to get rid of the bat drag, I hate to say this, but "turn the barrel.";)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
One thing I always look for is the angle of the bat at set-up. The knob of the bat never get pointed to the catcher during either the setup or the load. Right from the start she is losing power because she is in an inferior position. Even if you fix everything else she will not generate as much power as should is capable of from that setup. Just my .02.

Agreed. This was one of the first things I noticed, too. It is in the "fix-it" list.

That could help her to get rid of the bat drag, I hate to say this, but "turn the barrel.";)

Don't be afraid to say it. I did in the first post.

Big time yes. This girl needs to be introduced to her top hand.

Yup.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Grip - get the bat out of her hands and into her fingers. Comparatively minor relative to sequence, but easy to fix!

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Rear foot. Glad I'm a lefty. Love the pristine batters box on my side. You righties always digging trenches over there. Maybe she was avoiding the holes, her rear foot is pretty open.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Rear foot. Glad I'm a lefty. Love the pristine batters box on my side. You righties always digging trenches over there. Maybe she was avoiding the holes, her rear foot is pretty open.

Agreed. We will be rebuilding from the ground up - starting with her feet :)

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

Good suggestion.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

I agree with this post. The first thing I noticed was how flat the bat is. Getting it a bit more vertical to start may fix a bunch. But honestly, for someone that hasn't played in a year, I think she has a pretty good starting point. I have seen a lot worse.

R

RayR

I like her bottom half (she rotates her hips extremely well) - work on sequence without upsetting her lower half.

As much moving ball practice as possible - do not start changing things that will lock stuff down and diminish her lower half.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thanks, Ray. I don't agree completely about the lower half, but mostly - there is more good than bad happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles