14U DD swing. Any input appreciated.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
MileStones...of our journey. :cool:

***You can play in Slo-Mo in the U-Tube Player

There are a lot of frames missing from this video ..... which makes it difficult for folks to supply meaningful help.

That said, if you correct the movement between these two frames then you'll see some nice improvement.

2vtw0o5.gif

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
That said, if you correct the movement between these two frames then you'll see some nice improvement.

THX...I remember about missin frames.... I was screen capturing back then. I didn't make this one though. It was before I could reverse a left handed pitcher/hitter....(mirror an Image) I was having DD watch JB & MC, because they were right handed. Noontime gave us this pass to study the lefties....she was doing her JB impersonation in this clip. I was really surprised to see it look this close to RC.

My point to the OP is its a journey, & I have got lots of help here by posting our video's...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Nice clip. I think you need to decide on the back elbow being up or down. Perhaps down a little, if you want it low or up, it's kind of inbetween. You need to understand connection, scap loading, posture, and how the swing is about momentum transfer.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
You want want that front scap to be tighter and connect quickier. Do a reaction drill, although make sure the stride foot gets down and the back side starts the swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877