14U DD swing. Any input appreciated.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
RDB, I don't see it anymore…but I saw that your wrote yesterday the something that was the first visible thing I saw. She lands with her front leg locked. IMO the front leg should block, but not before weight transfers into the ball. Just a visual compare with Manny that many would say, if it wasn't Manny, that he is bug squishing.
1t3cv_zps1d0f6e6c.gif

I really need to buy that DFP translation manual! I agree with what you are saying about the front leg, but I disagree about this looking like a bug squish. What I see in the Manny clip is a very sudden move that causes his rear foot to lift onto the toe and then fall back into a position that may "resemble" the bug squishing thing. However, when I think about bug squishing I think more about rotation of the rear foot using the ball of the foot as the pivot point. The heel travels around the ball of the foot instead of lifting. But that is just how I look at it. I have learned that much of the terminology I have grown up with is different than many on here. Perhaps bug squishing is another example of that.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
HoweMan2.gif

She is getting stretch and getting "sat" or lowering of her COG, because her weight is staying back. If she continued to resist that rear leg with her back muscles (that seems so confusing to everyone) along with turning the barrel…..

she is moving forward, yet she is back.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Then good job you!

I wouldn't look at the rear foot or heel at all. Just too many variables.

When I first started reading these forums one word that hit home with me was "upstream". When I think about that term I think about "symptoms" and "causes". I consider bug squishing a symptom. The cause is further up...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR

Take note of this segment here ......

15qc7s5.jpg

Notice that the "upper" rear leg has turned (moved forward), yet the "lower" rear leg has remained relatively 'quiet'.

He is twisting his lower torso, his gut, out of the way.

Below we resume the clip .....

2vcbzew.jpg

We see that the "upper" rear leg continues and takes the "lower" rear leg with it.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Can you post a clip of Her hitting front toss or live pitching? Often times a tee swing will be different than a live swing due to the timing of a moving ball. Would like to see how She loads Her hips with timing on a live swing....

Jan 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Can you post a clip of Her hitting front toss or live pitching? Often times a tee swing will be different than a live swing due to the timing of a moving ball. Would like to see how She loads Her hips with timing on a live swing....

I will def try tomorrow night. she has fall ball practice, so she will at least get some front toss, maybe live pitching. thanks tj...

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Take note of this segment here ......

15qc7s5.jpg

Notice that the "upper" rear leg has turned (moved forward), yet the "lower" rear leg has remained relatively 'quiet'.

He is twisting his lower torso, his gut, out of the way.

Below we resume the clip .....

2vcbzew.jpg

We see that the "upper" rear leg continues and takes the "lower" rear leg with it.

YES! the rear knee must unhinge towards the oppo batter's box to allows the hips to rotate properly....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish