10yo Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

10? I would have her set up with the bat tipped towards the sky more - too flat before it comes around - otherwise keep pitching to her and play HR derby a lot. Looks like she moves pretty good!

Oct 26, 2012
10? I would have her set up with the bat tipped towards the sky more - too flat before it comes around - otherwise keep pitching to her and play HR derby a lot. Looks like she moves pretty good!

Yes, she turned 10 last month. I agree, I think she flattens out too early before turning her shoulders. It seems with a lighter bat she doesn't do that as much. I switched her to a heavier bat and now she gets better extension through contact (not rolling or coming up), but she flattens out before turning her shoulders now.

Play HR derby ???

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, to working on bat angle. It is resting on the shoulder too long. But, over all that is great. What bat is that? length, weight?

Oct 26, 2012
Yes, to working on bat angle. It is resting on the shoulder too long. But, over all that is great. What bat is that? length, weight?

CF5 - 31 inches, 20 oz

She was using a CF5 30 inches, 19 oz but she would come up at contact and top the ball occaisionally. Changed the size of the bat and basically that eliminated that issue completely it seems. She now drives the ball to the outfield consistently as opposed to 1/3 being hard ground balls. The issue I think now is because of the bat weight she now flattens a little too early behind her back shoulder before turning her shoulders during the approach.

R

RayR

Yes - let her try and hit HR's.....let her do some figuring out on how to generate some power using the tipped barrel set up.

Yes, she turned 10 last month. I agree, I think she flattens out too early before turning her shoulders. It seems with a lighter bat she doesn't do that as much. I switched her to a heavier bat and now she gets better extension through contact (not rolling or coming up), but she flattens out before turning her shoulders now.

Play HR derby ???

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I think the same as last fall. She should work on turning the barrel. She flattens and swings around her shoulders.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
HR derby - We played it in the front yard. And over the sidewalk was a HR. We were using a personal pitcher (plastic golf balls) and a dowel rod.

You just need to find your own space and boundaries.

Jan 13, 2012
I think the same as last fall. She should work on turning the barrel. She flattens and swings around her shoulders.

I agree. I think she had a pretty decent upper body when she was hitting a heavy bag last year; maybe I'm misremembering.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
She has a pretty good sequence, just need to stand the bat up taller like other people have said.
Wish I started this young with my daughter with good advice

Good Luck
SL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog