Your DD's highest number of games in a day?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We played eight games this past Saturday and I was wondering what others have been through. What is the highest number of games your DD has played in one day?

We played 2 pool followed by double elim in a tourney with six teams. We were a two seed going into the elimination bracket so we did not get a bye. After losing in the second round they fought back to the championship game and forced the "if" game which was a two inning shootout. We ended up losing it.

It's alot more fun to win but I personally have never been more satisfied with a second place finish after seeing this group fight so hard for so long.

Apr 30, 2010
Artic Circle
The most we have played is three. Our state (Babe Ruth) only allowed for three in a day. We have changed to ASA and it will be interesting to see what changes as far as games per day.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
We've played 12 in 3 days before, but never more than 6 in a day. That sounds like a real marathon! Congratulations to your girls for toughing it out.

Jun 22, 2008
7 in 115 degree heat. Girls lost in semi game by 1 run, coach was going to forfeit the championship game if they had won, they were completely spent.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Just one pitcher.... 8U coach pitch. He was down for the count by the end. Does not help he just changed to working nights so he came straight to the park for our 13 hour day. It hit 90 here on Saturday but the girls never flinched. They did not want to come out or stop for anything. It was supposed to be a two day tourney but the schedule got changed at the last minute.

I may be more proud of my 8 month old. She played in her wagon or under the tent all day by the fan and never made a peep. Even stood up without holding on to anything for the first time. She was the only one who got a break from the heat for AC time Saturday. As much as she loves the park I am thinking we will be spending even more time there in 2015 when she is old enough for 6U.

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
12u GDD played 5 games Sat and 3 more Sun in 92 degree heat. She caught all those games and the coach did not have the decency to give her a courtesy runner and she was on base quite a bit. She worked hard behind the plate as our pitchers are not the best. But she was a real trooper, never asked to be taken out and was playing just as hard the last game as she did the first game. She would not let my son say anything to the coach. As my son said, that will be the last time. She will probably fall asleep in school today.:D

Nov 1, 2009
Played 7 games two days in a row once. 7gg tournament followed by a fight thru the losers bracket on Sunday. Both days we played with no breaks and we have three pitchers who pitched all the games. Not something I ever hope to do again.

7 in 115 degree heat. Girls lost in semi game by 1 run, coach was going to forfeit the championship game if they had won, they were completely spent.

We played 5 in same conditions at NSA Nationals last year in Chattanooga TN. It was survival of the fittest. Lost in semi's coming up through loser bracket in ITB.
Tournament ball (18u A/gold) we typically play 4-6 games on Sundays....last summer we made the final 4 and beyond nearly every weekend during June and July, looking to do the same this summer! Which is why we carry 4 pitchers (3 ace's and 1 up and comer), 3 catchers and a bench full of utility players. Having a roster of 12, we are blessed most of our players can be plugged into any position. Depending on the game situation we rotate pitchers about every 3-4 innings. We rotate bench time too. The entire team has jumped on board with knowing they could be thrown into a position at any given moment other than thier favorite or area of expertise. I came to the conclusion that this is a huge reason for our successes. Talk about everyone being on the same page....everyone knows where to go, what to do and what to expect.
Winter practices, the occasional Wednesday DH practice games and tournament pool play is where we shuffle players around. During the summer its key to keep the entire bench rested, fresh and sharp!! Those long Sundays it comes down to who wants it most, who can withstand and endure..

Sep 3, 2009
Played 7 games on a sunday once. Lost first bracket game, and had to fight through the loser's bracket all the way to the championship game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC