yes yet another umpiring travesty

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
College teams continuously push the envelope - illegal pitches, leaving bases early, slapping out of the box, ect - and they get away with is all season long, then it comes back to bite them in the azz in the WCWS! I know several high level TB coaches that encourage their girls to push the envelope "until blue calls you on it"....and usually that is just a warning!

This is the travesty....

Oct 19, 2009
Watching the SEC play for years some of the teams really push the envelope for being out of the box on slapping, pitching legal and leaving a base too soon. TN Vols is one that comes to mind on slapping.

TN gets away with it all year then they get to Oklahoma and it’s called there. IMO if it’s a rule, then call it to the best of your ability when there is an infraction.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
And then, there was the announcer that said that "You only need one foot in the box."
And a few more that caught my attention:
-"mound"
-"interefence" (Fielder in the way of a baserunner)
-"late breaking rise"
-I think I heard a definition given about what "offering at a pitch" is when the bat reaches a certain point across the plate.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
ULL batters heel on the box line and the rest of her foot progressing in front of the plate.

That is not out of the box. As long as as both feet are in or on any part of line she is o.k.

Her back foot was outside the box and in front of the plate.

BUT the BR was safe at 1B. Gotta love replay :)

Last edited:
Watching the SEC play for years some of the teams really push the envelope for being out of the box on slapping, pitching legal and leaving a base too soon. TN Vols is one that comes to mind on slapping.

TN gets away with it all year then they get to Oklahoma and it’s called there. IMO if it’s a rule, then call it to the best of your ability when there is an infraction.

You mean just like this beauty....a few minutes ago. Base hit Raven Chevanne umpire did not even blink

IMG_20130530_144336_365.jpgIMG_20130530_144340_822.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06