Wrist coachs

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 12, 2015
Hi all looking for some insight as to how to utilize this wrist coach system properly and effectively.I have now used them in two scrimmages and I find myself shouting numbers every pitch and shouting numbers to the batter and then to the runner is there a simpler way to do this I feel it's confusing the girls a bit....Thanks Eric

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mar 1, 2015
Pretty simple system. Just use your fingers to give the number code. Watch NCAA games on TV and you can catch a glimpse of coaches doing just that.

Mar 13, 2016
vStFjYs.jpg

This is just an example from an old set of numbers on defense. We give a three digit # with our fingers to all infield, say 5-1-1. A fastball away. That signals that most likely the ball will not be pulled, if hit. Our middle infield relay just the color to the outfield so they know what to expect.

Just the color to the outfield lets them know which way to shift slightly.

I would say using the wristbands is a learning experience, but once they get them figured out they work well.

On offense, we just give 1 3 digit signal with our fingers. Our indicator to steal is separate from that.

Sep 12, 2015
vStFjYs.jpg

This is just an example from an old set of numbers on defense. We give a three digit # with our fingers to all infield, say 5-1-1. A fastball away. That signals that most likely the ball will not be pulled, if hit. Our middle infield relay just the color to the outfield so they know what to expect.

Just the color to the outfield lets them know which way to shift slightly.

I would say using the wristbands is a learning experience, but once they get them figured out they work well.

On offense, we just give 1 3 digit signal with our fingers. Our indicator to steal is separate from that.
Where does the color come from?

Sep 12, 2015
I have the never miss a sign one's as well how did you get color's in your boxes?

May 17, 2012
I built mine in Excel and I do have colors as well. It does everything the $300 software does.

As others pointed out you should be signaling batters and runners with your hand. Using your voice could lead to a missed sign. If you do your signs right you can have one sign for all scenarios (so you don't have to flash different signs to your batters and your runners). Example 'Bunt and Run' = Bunt to the batter and steal to the runner.

Same thing for pitching and catching. Signal once (make sure both pitcher and catcher look at the same time). The girls are smart and they will get in a rhythm.

Also have a set of dummy signs that don't mean anything. For example in one set of cards we use any sign that ends in a 4 or a 5 doesn't mean anything. The girls know this but still "look" at the card. Coaches that only call signs when they want a bunt/steal aren't doing it right. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild