Would like suggestions for what parents should bring to tournaments.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
Coffee for the coach for the early games!! (That's me) Printed bracket so you know what time and field your next game is, always extra water for the girls that bring one 8oz water bottle for 3 games, extra pencils for when your score keeper loses the pencil you gave them!!:rolleyes:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
The DW and I have brought most of what has already been mentioned so I won't repeat with the exception that now we take a sports umbrella and love it. Also, I take along my "stuff" to lace gloves. We were once in an ASA tournament and our catcher's mitt broke. So, I laced it while she borrowed the mitt from the other team. (Friend was catcher of other team.) Then, once I had that mitt relaced, the borrowed mitt borke and I relaced it. I bet I've relaced 20 gloves during games as my dd has grown up.

Jun 11, 2013
The most important thing to bring is a parent or 2. It sounds like a joke, but they have 3 coached and don't need another. After Saturday they need someone to make sure they are OK and ready for Sunday, not someone to ask them what they were thinking when they made that bad throw. Also, if they coaches aren't looking out for their health(ours do), the parents can determine if they are hurt or overheated.

Apr 14, 2011
How about providing those new parents with an instruction sheet on common courtesy during games...for example, if another parent is patiently waiting for people from the previous game to move, don't just swoop in and grab the spot...especially when you're the uncle of the cousin of the boyfriend of the player's mom's uncle's half-brother!!

Sep 3, 2009
I shudder seeing some of the posts about packing heavy! :eek:

I have a small cooler on wheels, filled with ice, water, fruits/snacks, My big bag of seeds, 2 or 3 new ziplock bags (for icing injuries), small bottle of iburprofen, and sunscreen. In the truck, i keep folding chairs, umbrella, and a larger cooler w/ food and extra drinks (if it's a longer day.

Jun 4, 2013
Orange County, CA
635690f1a72e89a3ea8ea815817ab25b.jpg

This little guy makes life at the fields a lot easier, I would say a must to carry everything listed above. I think the run about $60 at Sams

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01