Would like suggestions for what parents should bring to tournaments.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2010
I would like to make a list for parents of items that they should consider bringing to tournaments. My dd has been playing TB for 4 years, but for many of the parents, this is a new experience (newly formed team).

What kind of suggestions (food, first aid, sunblock, tents, etc.) would you recommend?

Mar 27, 2010
I never leave without my popup tent, sunglasses, sunscreen, asprin, chair, frog togg and a cooler filled with water, fresh fruit, gatorade, diet coke and sandwich makings. Oh and don't forget the camera.

Feb 21, 2013
Seems like I am at both ends of the spectrum. Either taking too much or not enough. I do however have a duffle bag which I keep with me for all games and has come in handy many, many times. It includes a second uniform, First aid items, instant cold packs, deep heating rub for sore muscles, sunblock, Anti-Monkey butt powder for those chaffing issues, ankle and knee braces or ace bandanges, zip loc baggies for ice packs,chairs, blankets (to cover up with if needed and for the girls to lay on in between games) Snacks such as trail mix, snack bars, fruit. Usually a cooler for drinks, water and gatorades. Bubble gum is always a hit. Zip ties or relacing kit for glove repair, screw driver and replacement screws for helmets.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD brings her own gear, including uniform/cleats/glove, etc.

DW and I bring: Team ice chest with plenty of ice and water, chairs, seeds, blankets, portable heater, aspirin, power bars, jackets, sunglasses, sun screen, camera and lots and lots and lots of money.

Feb 13, 2013
Extra socks and cleats (some places don't let you wear metal) we keep both!
Fruits
Sunflower seeds
deodorant
sunblock
chairs
tent
fan
book
earphones
washcloth

she likes to wear her slides (Nike sandals/slip on's) in between games!

Have seen several places not allowing sunflower seeds for the players.

-Medical back pack to include ice packs, band aids, neosporin and advil.
-Tent( cant leave home without it) and sleeping bag or blanket to roll out on the ground underneath tent.
- Stakes and Hammer to tie down tent
- Cover that blocks three sides of tent.
- Tarps to put over dugouts and bungee cords
-Large cooler with various drinks, food and damp cloths sealed up in a plastic bag. Damp cloths get cold and the girls use them to cool off.
- Multiple pairs of sun glasses.
- Hat

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
After a couple of years of TB, we have gotten to the point where everyone is responsible for their own DD. We have a community ice chest full of water, and a snack box, that is stocked with HEALTHY snacks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd