Wisconsin Bandits 10U is looking for a couple players

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
The Wisconsin Bandits 10U fastpitch team is still looking for a couple players. We had a very successful season last summer and are looking forward to another great year.

If you are interested please contact Steve Pliner at spliner@att.net or (920) 960-6230

Jan 10, 2014
U10 players

Still looking guys. If you know anyone who is looking for a place to play 10u please send them our way...

This really is unbelievable as I have a daughter who tried out for 10u Bandits. Coaches bickered almost entire time, did not give girls any numbers to be able to keep track of which girls had which skills. The things this female coach said my daughter needed to work on was so inaccurate that we could tell she didn't remember which girl was who. Said my daughter needed to work on her ability to track popups, however my daughter caught 4 of the 5 popups she was given. Said she needed to work on her bunts, but all of her bunts but 1 were good. Was one of the few girls who could actually hit a ball even out of bandit girls who were previously on the team. I kept hearing negative talk about how the coach had private tryouts for girls she wanted on the team. I am assuming whoever she had lined up must have fell through. I just can't believe she couldn't have chosen some of the girls who came to the tryouts. Sad! FYI... My 10 year old daughter tried out for a 12 u select team and made it!

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
I saw this last night and decided to wait to respond so that I take the emotion out of it. I have been part of the Bandits organization for many years. I am not a coach for this 10u team but am a coach at an older age group in the program. However, my 10 year old is on her 3rd year of playing for the 10u coaches. I take great offense to the way your post is worded and the intent behind it. The 10u coaches are great people and have treated my daughter great over the past couple years. Here a couple things I will say about 10u tryouts.

1) They did give the kids numbers but there were so few kids there they weren't really needed.

2) There were only 13 kids at 10u tryouts. 1 kid turned down a spot and 3 were cut. They decided to cut those 3 based off of skill level at certain positions. Specifically they were in need of a catcher.

3) No private tryouts were held. Although that is perfectly acceptable in my eyes. This happens all the time in travel ball and there is nothing wrong with it.

The last thing I will say is that with only 3 kids not making the team it is pretty easy to figure out who this is that posted this even though you are hiding behind a screen name. My name and my organizations name is out for everyone to see and yet you post this hidden behind your screen name. That is what I find unbelievable.

We have a great organization and the 10u coaches are great people. Being a coach myself I am very particular about who my daughter will play for. I can't say enough good things about her coaches that you slandered in your post...

Jan 10, 2014
I saw this last night and decided to wait to respond so that I take the emotion out of it. I have been part of the Bandits organization for many years. I am not a coach for this 10u team but am a coach at an older age group in the program. However, my 10 year old is on her 3rd year of playing for the 10u coaches. I take great offense to the way your post is worded and the intent behind it. The 10u coaches are great people and have treated my daughter great over the past couple years. Here a couple things I will say about 10u tryouts.

1) They did give the kids numbers but there were so few kids there they weren't really needed.

2) There were only 13 kids at 10u tryouts. 1 kid turned down a spot and 3 were cut. They decided to cut those 3 based off of skill level at certain positions. Specifically they were in need of a catcher.

3) No private tryouts were held. Although that is perfectly acceptable in my eyes. This happens all the time in travel ball and there is nothing wrong with it.

The last thing I will say is that with only 3 kids not making the team it is pretty easy to figure out who this is that posted this even though you are hiding behind a screen name. My name and my organizations name is out for everyone to see and yet you post this hidden behind your screen name. That is what I find unbelievable.

We have a great organization and the 10u coaches are great people. Being a coach myself I am very particular about who my daughter will play for. I can't say enough good things about her coaches that you slandered in your post...

I am sorry you took this as slander, not my intention. Just an observation from some one looking in. I am not saying coaches were lacking skill or treated girls badly, just not a fan of bickering. I could care less about a private tryout as I realize this happens...just heard other parents of existing players complaining about these so called "private tryouts". In overhearing existing Bandit parents talking it made us feel like it was a waste of our time for even coming out. Numbers were not given out for 10u, were only given out for 12u and up. My daughter actually came to second day of tryouts and was asked if she was a new tryout, so as a parent I was a bit alarmed that they did not remember who she was and she was not given a number. Not hiding behind a screen name I had to put a screen name to be able to comment my name is Secora, have nothing to hide from. I am glad your daughter has had a good experience as all girls playing ball deserve. If they were looking for certain positions please put it out there so it's not a waste of time for girls who do not fit those positions. My daughter is not a catcher and has no interest in catching, would not have even shown up if that was the case. Up until coming in for this tryout I had always heard wonderful things about the Bandits in general and this is why my daughter wanted to tryout and be a Bandit. It was her first experience with travel ball and was most definitely eye opening and was helpful in her deciding what kind team she was looking to be part of. I did feel bad for my daughter not making the team as any parent would be since she really thought highly of the bandits, but also felt lucky as we did not feel like it would have been the right fit for her. She is very happy where she is at and really believe she will gain a great deal of skill. So once again I am sorry you took it as slander was just shocked that they had little girls tryout and not one met the 10u Bandits needs. Best of luck in the upcoming season! Jodie Secora

Dec 29, 2011
Mayville, WI
My main issue is the fact that you posted negative comments towards our organization on a public forum when my email was clearly posted at the top. If there were issues the best option is to have private conversations to understand why before blasting off about it publicly.

I wasn't clear with the need of position players in my prior post. Just to clarify, they had 5 kids returning from the prior year. They were looking to take 6-7 new players at tryouts. They ended up only taking 4 new kids at tryouts because they had no catchers and needed another pitcher and they felt those kids weren't at tryouts. They did take 4 kids at tryouts that weren't part of the program prior.

I'm going to move on now. I apologize that you didn't have a good experience.

C.K

Mar 16, 2012
For what its worth the WI Bandits have a solid program, one of the states better ones in WI. Every program has there strength and weaknesses but this is one of the good programs, that truly do a good job of developing players. My niece played with them for 4 years and my daughter played ball under them for 5 years, even though my daughter doesn't play for the Bandits any longer I would have no qualms about her playing for any of the coaches in the organization.

Crazy4ball,
Just a little tip for ya. The softball community is a small one at least it is in WI. You would have been better off proving them wrong with her glove and bat on the field and keeping a open line of communication with the coaches. In the future those open lines can pay off.

Jun 26, 2010
Banditscoach, I've heard a lot about your organization and have been to the website. Last year was my DD's first year pitching and they were at your Mayville tournament at 12u. Our other pitcher got hurt and DD had to pitch the whole weekend. This team has only been in existence two years and the first year didn't win a game. DD was on the mound when they played the Bandits and we won. I use that game as a testament to her development as a pitcher because to beat a team from your organization is a big deal.

My older DD played fall ball at Whitnall this past fall and played the Bandits twice. Bandits kicked our butts both games. But what I remember is a team of class act players and coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole