Wife was going to kill me

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
DD plays HS freshman ball, plays pitcher and 3rd. This weekend they had a dh and on Sunday she had her big violin recital. Guess what happens....

Other team has a flame thrower for a pitcher, DD decides she is not giving the girl the inside. Here is the pitch and a swing... Ouch looks like it hit her hand. She takes it off her left hand, yes she is a righty batter. She cannot bend her last 2 fingers, yes that hand is the one used to finger the notes on a violin. She finishes that game and the second one even though she was in pain and could not close her glove. When I pick her up I say get your ice for your shoulder and your hand and get up into your room. We get home she gets ice and goes to her room. DW asks how did it go I tell her about the game, Leaving out about the hand. DW did not want her to play before the recital, but I assured her everything would be ok. So I think I am safe. Then she says her HS coach called and asked how her hand was. I was busted :( Luckily she was still able to play through the swelled up hand and fingers.

Mar 26, 2013
... DW did not want her to play before the recital, but I assured her everything would be ok. ...Luckily she was still able to play through the swelled up hand and fingers.
You are very lucky she was still able to play in the recital. It's amazing how often statements like that come back to bite us. :D

May 14, 2010
Sportinus,
Pull up your big boy panties. This is a fact of life I deal with every day. And it usually has nothing to do with softball. (Apparently my wife didn't know me very well before marrying me!) ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1