Why I do not advocate 8u TB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Anyone know a good 4U Travel Team for my smallest?

[video]http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/video/video.php?v=126395107450167[/video]

I'm not sure that bat is ASA Certified

If you are going to make an "A" 4U team she is going to have to fix that bat drag

Mar 13, 2010
I think some people hear 8u travel ball and think that practice is everyday, tournaments every weekend, and thousdands of dollars spent.

You aren't, but we have had some parents on here telling us that 4 hour trainings was normal and expected and the girls LOVED it.

Axe that's just so cute!

May 1, 2011
I'm so upset I missed this thread when it was hot. I think the use of the word "tournament" is better than "travel." We've traveled one time, and it was an 1.5 hour drive, and we all stayed in the local hotel more to just have fun, swim, and enjoy each others company than anything. Our girls don't have a ton of expensive bats. The freakin' A.D. Starr ball is bouncy anyways, so the composite bat wouldn't even make much sense. To each his own I say. We had fun with it, and really didn't take ourselves TOO seriously. We won a couple of tournaments, and learned a lot. 10u tryouts this week (is that acceptable?), and we have several girls from other "tournament" teams showing up. They wouldn't have known about us without the last year (we're actually calling it a trial run now) of tournament play. 4 hour practices...uh no. High dollar dues.....uh no. Again, just a bunch of kids playing ball that were tired of playing rec ball where they rolled the ball to 1B because she couldn't catch it if it was thrown in the air.

Sep 17, 2009
Thanks Amy for just ruining concessions stands for me forever : >

(from page 1 of this thread)

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
At 8U, who pitches? The girls?

DD is 22 and I can't remember the last trny, even in IL. that we could have brought food, into. I won't eat at a concession stand, because I have worked in too many that were over ran with mice, so I have to stick ham sandwiches in my lawn chair. :) Out here at Sport's Park, they even ask to look in purses.

It really depends on the facility.
Eastside Center in Peoria never has a gate fee, sometimes has no cooler signs up but never enforces them. When we go there we grill in the parking lot between games for those who want to avoid the concessions.

Champion Fields in Bloomington, always has a gate fee and has always enforced until the 4th of July tourny this year when it was so hot. The announced they were allowing coolers to make sure the players had plenty to drink. Kudos to them on that one. You can get stuff in a few differnet ways and once past the gate it's never a problem. No problem getting a couple bottles of water, protein bars and some fruit in and consuming it at the tournament. Thier conscessoins are pretty good so we end up eating there anyway. Love them pork chop sammiches.

Morton tournaments, always a gate, no coolers strictly enforced, concession prices obscene and the tournament directors primary focus the entire time was walking around catching people with 'unapproved product' in thier possession and growling at them till they threw it away. We don't go there anymore.

Oct 25, 2009
There are facilities that don't think about putting players/fans at risk with their greed. When you can't even bring in water that is disgusting greed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1