Which glove to buy?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
The verdict is in. She loves it.

3b12b65228bd93127b29058e4298aa20.jpg

DD loved both of the Mizuno gloves she had. Currently she has a Nokona but has said that her next glove will be Mizuno again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2015
Just ordered a custom Vinci from Drakemir for my soon to be 9yr old. Soon as I get in going to send to the Glove Whisperer to get broke in. I'll let you know how it turns out as its for her Halloween bday...

Nov 11, 2013
DDI finally chose a glove after trying 3 from JustBallGloves and working with them for a couple weeks. She put aside the Vela 3-finger 12.5" pretty quickly, but took a little longer to decide between the Mizuno Global Elite (GGE10FP) and the Rawlings Liberty Advanced (RLA125FS).

It came down to the Liberty Advanced having better padding, and a better feel on her hand. She liked that it was essentially a forced finger-shift design and that she didn't have to keep that first finger stall empty to wear it like she prefers. Now she just needs to get it fully broken in and turn that weird white-gray leather to a more respectable shade of dirt.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Nov 4, 2015
what is the opinions on the vinci fotus series 12" glove? Looking to get DD a new glove to replace her mizuno franchise 12" glove. Size is fine, it's just wearing out. Have a vinci jvc pc catchers mitt that we like, so think another vinci would be a good investment. Just no idea how the fotus feels since there is nowhere for her to try one on.

Apr 16, 2015
I can't comment on the fortus fielder's gloves, but my daughter has the fortus catcher's mitt and we've been very impressed. I was stunned with the quality and how nice the glove felt for the price we paid. When her current fielding glove gets retired, we'll definitely be looking at getting the fortus fielders glove as well.

May 28, 2014
12" is fine for 10u, but might want to move to a bigger one if she is playing anything other than MI/Pitcher at 12u..

Also the Fortus fielding gloves are ok, Steerhide palm, and leather back.. seems like most people will get about 2 seasons out of them.

Good Entry level glove. My DS uses one for baseball. I consider them the step above the 30-40 dollar sporting good store glove, and a step below the high end ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying