Which bat has the least sting LXT, Xeno, or CF8?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CR1

May 8, 2016
Hi, new to the board so if this has been covered already please direct me. I searched with no exact results.

My DD currently uses a Mako Torq and FS3. We are looking to get into a new bat and decided to get either a CF -10 or Xeno/LXT of the same. We can't try them all out currently but are ok with either and one thing she wants is less sting than her current setup. So which ones do you have experience with that are better at vibration damping? Could also wait for the 2017s and may have to based on inventory but it seems not much experience with those yet. Just from research it would seem the 3 piece setup of the LXT would win but not sure.

Thanks!

Feb 17, 2015
USA
I would say the LXT than the Xeno. I can't say much about Demarini. If you are switching from Easton your DD would probably like the Xeno out of those 3. Easton's are historically an ounce or more over the listed weight. My DD's 2016 Xeno is not far behind in the weight department.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
In theory a two piece composite bat should have less "sting" than a one piece composite. The stiffness of the barrel/handle connection will also weigh into the equation.

Sep 29, 2014
The bat with the least sting is the one that makes contact with the ball directly on the sweet spot as the ball flies into the gap or over the fence.;)

as to LXT v Xeno I can't help you out my DD refuses to swing anything other than her DeMarini.

CR1

May 8, 2016
Yea, I tried to tell her that if you hit it in the middle it doesn't sting at all :) and of course the bat that works for her will help hit it in the sweet spot but was interested in what technology may be working better out there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez