Where the players in the top 25 hail from

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD played at a juco in El Paso. So, she played a number of D1 teams (including Arizona) in fall ball. When she played D1, her college team played a few jucos in the fall. The games are basically friendlies.

The scores make the games look closer than they are. The D1 teams generally play only one or two of their starters. They don't start their big dog pitcher(s).
Basically, it is the freshmen and sophomores of the D1 team playing the juco.

The score might be close, but there was no way the D1 teams were going to let the juco beat them. If the game gets close, then D1 put their best players in the game.

Fall ball is primarily a way for the coach to look at the new talent and to consider who might get moved up as a starter.

Would have been nice to see some lesser pitchers over last 2 seasons. Have seen Renfroe, Sarratt, Blue, Waldrop, and Rogers. :)

Mar 26, 2013
... But it's pretty clear that unless the frosh pitcher improves a lot in the next 4 months, Arizona will have another weak season in the circle.
Some schools change pitchers' mechanics and it can take them back a step before they can progress forward. Mich overhauled Wagner's mechanics when she arrived and that fall she only threw in the mid-upper 50's. She worked hard on it and had a great frosh season. I hope that's the case with Trish.

Oct 9, 2013
Is there any plan for NPF to start any teams in California, Texas, Az, etc. since so many good players come from the area? Just curious.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Is there any plan for NPF to start any teams in California, Texas, Az, etc. since so many good players come from the area? Just curious.

There is when I win the lottery and buy all the western US franchises....6 numbers away from being the George Steinbrenner of NPF.

No plans that I know of, I check the NPF site occasionally with my fingers crossed that they will be announcing a team in LA, but no dice. I think they would have to launch 4 at once so they could have an Eastern and a Western conference to eliminate the need to travel so much, I really think it is just a matter of time though.

Dec 20, 2012
And what exactly is the benefit for the Huskies from these games?

They are called Fall Exhibition games, so from that perspective it is a show for the fans and a chance for kids to play against teams that would not ordinarily get to play ie juco vs top ten team. And a chance to get some of the girls game time they will not see come spring.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
They are called Fall Exhibition games, so from that perspective it is a show for the fans and a chance for kids to play against teams that would not ordinarily get to play ie juco vs top ten team. And a chance to get some of the girls game time they will not see come spring.

So in other words, very little. Kind of like a top travel team playing in a rec league tournament.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06