Where do I start?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2014
I can see the gifs on my phone with Tapatalk, but I just get the little icons on my computer.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Best place to start, here, learn to throw underhand 1st. Good IR, palm up at 9, learn how to just whip the ball. Take video so you can see what's going on. Good posture. Just throwing. When she can do it nice and smooth, whipping it right at the pocket, good spin, move on to drive mechanics. Someone posted a video here not to long ago, I think it was a modified liberty drill, I really like the feel of it. Really helps with the timing of the whip.

shaker1

Softball Junkie
Dec 4, 2014
On a bucket
Long time follower, first time poster. DFP pitching gurus...I'm looking for some assistance on where to start for the best results. I have a fairly new student who is a somewhat new I/R convert, but really, really athletic...low to mid 50s with very mediocre (IMHO) mechanics, 12 years old. Started with a different pitching coach, who taught HE, stick your butt out to make room for the arm to come through...etc, etc. She still struggles with posture, which leads to very little or no BI. That being said, her timing is also all off from the get go of her drive with her arms way in front of her legs. I think some of the postural issues are because the legs are not ready for the impact after stride and her upper body leans way forward. Is it more effective to start with drive mechanics and work forward or start with postural issues and work backwards in the motion? My guess is to start with drive mechanics and work forward, but am curious which will get better results as this girl has good potential.

Low to mid 50's at 12, with mediocre mechanics, she must be doing a few things right. A video would be a good place to start, and I'm positive would get you some very good feedback.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I think that some of the image hosting sites have time limits or view counts that affect how long an image/gif is active.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles