When to teach a new pitch?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 24, 2015
My daughter is 10 yrs she as been pitching for 1 yrs now. Over the last 2 months things are starting to really click. She only throws a FB/Dropball. When should I start her on a new pitch? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Change-up.... Change-up..... Change-up..... One that appears (from her body language) to be coming just as fast as her fastball-drop.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would recommend taking others advice and learn to throw a change up. There are a lot of variations, so spend some time trying to find the one that is the best fit for your DD. My DD is 17 and we are still trying to find the best one for her. My biggest piece of advice is regardless of which one she chooses the wind up and delivery need to be indistinguishable from her fastball. A change up does not need to be thrown 20 MPH to be effective if it is throw with deception.

Feb 17, 2014
Change up....

If you live close to Indy, hook up with Jason Wise as a pitching coach. No one better around.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Now cause your thinking about it. Here is how to start w/ 10yr old...

Make sure your getting the most of what you got.... throw your pitch's 2 & 4 seams. Then throw it 2 seam, not touching any seams, even with thumb & pinky...with ball back tight in palm of hand....ALL the same way you been throwing... there's 3 more pitches doing exact same thing...JMHO :cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG