when do you...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachtucc

Banned
May 7, 2008
A, A
start everybody warming up when you have a 90 minute break between games and do you make them go through the whole stretching warm-up again??

Dec 28, 2008
You can play variations of tag, sharks and minows etc, that cause girls to utilize all major muscle groups and joints so they are ready to go and don't require the whole stretching routine during short breaks during tournaments. It is nice on long days to get a full stretching routine in late in the day.

My pre-game routine is usually always the same and requires 60 minutes. I will adjust that as necessary on days where we play a lot of games. So if it is just the second game of the day, I would probably still meet 60 minutes before hand. For example if we are on game 4 their bats should be hot and they don't need every station.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Whole team warms up 45 mins before next game. Throwing, stretching. Little infield little outfield. Soft toss, and a winning speech!! Biggest thing is warming up my 2 pitcher picks. See who is on and hitting spots per who we play.

Jan 28, 2010
You can play variations of tag, sharks and minows etc, that cause girls to utilize all major muscle groups and joints so they are ready to go and don't require the whole stretching routine during short breaks during tournaments. It is nice on long days to get a full stretching routine in late in the day.

My pre-game routine is usually always the same and requires 60 minutes. I will adjust that as necessary on days where we play a lot of games. So if it is just the second game of the day, I would probably still meet 60 minutes before hand. For example if we are on game 4 their bats should be hot and they don't need every station.

Druer... Just out of curiosity, what does your 60 minute warm-up consist of?

Thanks.

Dec 28, 2008
Dynamic warmup of some type - 10-15 minutes
Arm warmups (progressions) - 10 minutes while Batting for pitchers catchers
Catchers/Pitchers warmup arms as needed, then Catchers do mirror drills with each other while pitchers do snap progressions, then they catch for them (35-40)
Infielders rotate between batting and then do infield warmups of some type, Outfielders do warmups of some type and then rotate in to hitting stations as infielders rotate out (35-40)

"Do your job" speech - 2 minutes

Apr 20, 2009
Philippines
Make sure the have a light snack immediately after the previous game then warm-up 30-45 mins. before the next game. Make sure to have dynamic warm up then catch and throw, then batting

Jan 15, 2009
My biggest struggle was trying to figure out when to start warm up's when start times aren't guaranteed. Even at ASA Nationals you have to be prepared to take the field 30-60 minutes ahead of posted times if games get done early. I usually try to hedge and warm up as if we are starting 15 minutes early. Then of course the game before goes into extra innings and we're done warming up 45 minutes before game time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12