What's the most important question to ask the coach of a potential team for your DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2009
Thanks to Greenmonsters, I think I know it now:
"So, Coach, what position does YOUR daughter play?"

Any others?

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
What are your goals for the comming year?
How close to your goals did you come last year?
What were your strengths and weaknesses last year?
What positions do you need to fill to be successful this year?

Be carefull when the answer is, "we're just looking for one or two good athletes to complete our roster". Probably means they are looking for a couple of players to rotate in RF. If they are a good team, the players they lost were more than likely 'subs' that didn't get much playing time. It doesn't hurt to also talk to other parents, past and present, to get some other points of view.

Apr 15, 2010
Asking what position the coach's kid plays isn't enough. You need to know what position every assistant coach's kid plays as well.

Apr 5, 2009
NE Kansas
What's the most important question to ask the coach of a potential team for your DD?

Offense or defense, linear or rotational, does your daughter always have this bad of a game? Any combination of answers will tell you a lot.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon

Offense or defense, linear or rotational, does your daughter always have this bad of a game? Any combination of answers will tell you a lot.

Too funny, that is one of the best

Feb 24, 2010
I would ask the opposing teams' parents/coaches what they thought of said coach, especially if I couldn't attend games/practices to see how that coach acted, and interacted with the players and parents. Also, trust your gut instinct - it's called that for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes