What would you do?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
If you have a pitcher that knows the basic fundamentals of I/R, drills pretty decent, but on full pitch she Wipes the Wall every time. Essentially throwing a change up every pitch. Talking about my own kid.

Last night I went in front of the tarp and practiced throwing in slo mo with an emphasis on starting in handshake, making sure I got into the show it position, then palm up at 9, adducting leading with the pinky thru release. Trying not to unload until last half sec before release.

I was able to get some great results for myself in doing this in slow mo, and while I know this is the best way to change ingrained muscle memory I wanted to get some other suggestions from you guys, thank you so much!

Fyi- football drill she does really good job of getting the football to spiral, we made a ball with plastic dowels similar to football drill she does good on that one too. I thought these would help but it seems as soon as the ball is in hand something changes.

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

bmd

Jan 9, 2015
Have you tried the bat drill? It has been great for my dd. We do 10 sets every other day.

Jun 18, 2010
Between drills and full on pitching, DD's coach does a simple step pitch where DD does a full pitch at about 60% with a full pre-motion, but no leap, focusing on the arm and the feel of what the arm and hand are doing. The first part of the pitch (front of the circle) is nice and slow getting into the K position, then accelerating down the back of the circle into delivery. This has been very helpful in helping with arm position, arm whip, and hand control.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
Yes we have done bat drill but it's not something we do all the time anymore, I will incorporate it into her warm up tho if you guys really think it will help.

Knightsb- this is more what I was thinking may help her because she drill great it's full motion full speed where it looks off, I think she needs to go back to slow motion to break this habit. Ty

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole